1. when did the government allow local authorities to provide free school meals to schools?
1 of 20
Other questions in this quiz
2. what were the benefits of the national insurance?
- free healthcare, maternity benefit of 30 shillings
- sickness benefit of 30 pence, maternity benefit of 30 shillings
- sickness benefit of 10 shillings, free healthcare, maternity benefit of 27 pence
- sickness benefit of 9 shillings, free healthcare, maternity benefit of 30 pence
- sickness benefit of 7 shillings, free healthcare
3. what was the principle of laissez faire?
- Individuals were solely responsible for their own lives and welfare
- People can take care of themselves
- Every individual was entitled to help if they needed it
- Every individual was born equal
4. when were junior courts and Borstals set up?
5. name one reason why the reforms were introduced?
- The Boer war
- The war of Kolkata
- The fight for Australia