1. what was the principle of laissez faire?
- Individuals were solely responsible for their own lives and welfare
- Every individual was entitled to help if they needed it
- Every individual was born equal
- People can take care of themselves
1 of 20
Other questions in this quiz
2. what was the compulsory payment towards the national insurance?
- worker: 4 pence employer: 3 pence state: 2 pence
- worker: 1 pence employer: 3 pence state: 10 pence
- Worker: 3 pence employer: 2 pence state: 6 pence
- worker: 9 pence employer: 1 pence state: 4 pence
3. What was Lloyd Georges role in parliament?
- Minister of transport
- Chancellor of the exchequer
- Minister of education
- Prime minister
4. To be accepted for the national insurance you had to earn under...
- £120 a year
- £90 a year
- £160 a year
- £80 a year
- £400 a pound a year
5. when did the government allow local authorities to provide free school meals to schools?