1. What % of private members bills passed in the commons between 2005 and 2010?
1 of 20
Other questions in this quiz
2. Nice quote about defying the party line?
- 'the battlefields of European politics are littered with the corpses of those who have defied the party line'
- 'tend to vote for parties rather than people as they feel they are electing a government'
3. What are the objections to the view of MPs as passive?
- deterrent effect and better influence behind the scenes
- rise of third parties and nationalism
4. Which of the following is not, according to Thomas, a factor in the decline in the ability of the legislature to control the exectutive?
- lack of 'elective dictatorship'
- rise of media as a political actor
- public disapproval of the legislature
- emergence of disciplined political parties
- growth of big government
5. Who said ' a govt with a parliamentary system is virtually certain of having at least 2/3 of all govt proposals enacted as law'?
- Richard Rose
- Philip Norton