1. What does Cran note about political parties?
- they have 'always tended to be coalitions'
- they have all become catch-all
1 of 20
Other questions in this quiz
2. What are the main advantages of open and closed lists respectively?
- better quality MPs vs better party unity
- freer choice vs better govt
3. Why does Norton say that governments are most likely to fail in election years?
- MPs defy the party line for personal gain
- Voters are less confident in govt
4. What are the two explanations for party unity?
- natural cohension of preferences and party discipline
- strong leadership and weak MPs
5. Who argues that committees are just extensions of party power?