1. What did Hamilton say the upper chamber afforded protection against?
- 'an excess of law-making'
- 'corruption and bribery'
1 of 20
Other questions in this quiz
2. Who said 'party is inherent in it, is bone of its bone and breath of its breath', about the HoC?
- Walter Bagehot
- Phillip Norton
3. Which of the following is not a function of the legislature?
- judicial review
4. What are the main advantages of open and closed lists respectively?
- better quality MPs vs better party unity
- freer choice vs better govt
5. What are the objections to the view of MPs as passive?
- deterrent effect and better influence behind the scenes
- rise of third parties and nationalism