1. Who said that the upper chamber forms a 'deliberative assembly of the nation' rather than a 'mere congress of ambassadors'?
1 of 20
Other questions in this quiz
2. Which president said 'Congress in session is Congress on public exhibition, whilst Congress in its committee rooms is Congress at work'?
3. Which of the following is not, according to Thomas, a factor in the decline in the ability of the legislature to control the exectutive?
- public disapproval of the legislature
- rise of media as a political actor
- emergence of disciplined political parties
- lack of 'elective dictatorship'
- growth of big government
4. What are the two explanations for party unity?
- natural cohension of preferences and party discipline
- strong leadership and weak MPs
5. Who said 'party is inherent in it, is bone of its bone and breath of its breath', about the HoC?
- Walter Bagehot
- Phillip Norton