1. According to Dworkin, what is controversial?
- Judges using their own judgements instead of legal rules to decide cases
- Having a moral criteria of legal validity
- The way in which laws are made
- The claim that laws do not have to be moral
1 of 20
Other questions in this quiz
2. Who is the main proponent of Exclusive Positivism?
3. According to Hart, what are legal standards determined by?
- Historical sources
- Conformity to conventionally accepted criteria of legal validity
- A chain of unbroken norms linking back to the grundnorm
- Reliable public standards of conduct
4. Why is Hart's theory superior to Austin's 'brute force' theory?
- It provides a greater deal of evidence as support for the brute force theory
- It explains the relevance of brute force when enforcing laws
- It explains laws way of making conduct non-optional by contrast with brute force
- It challenges how brute force can effectively enforce standards of conduct
5. Raz distinguishes between...?
- First order and Second order reasons
- Substantive and Procedural law
- Formal and Informal reasons
- Focal and Secondary meanings of law