1. What was Beyleveld and Brownsword's reply to Hart's theory?
- If the merits of a rule must be examined, it cannot function as authority
- Only representatives should make law
- Officials must consider their standards to be moral
- His theory is not a threat to the separability thesis
1 of 20
Other questions in this quiz
2. According to Hart, what are legal standards determined by?
- Conformity to conventionally accepted criteria of legal validity
- Reliable public standards of conduct
- A chain of unbroken norms linking back to the grundnorm
- Historical sources
3. Who says that 'the identification of law in every system necessarily involves moral judgements'?
4. Who is the main proponent of Exclusive Positivism?
5. What is the Separability Thesis?
- All criteria of legal validity must be source based
- The law is as serviceable for evil as it is for good
- There are no boundaries on the rule of recognition
- Law must be capable of possessing legitimate authority