1. Who claims that 'Law is a command of the Sovereign and may be evil'?
1 of 20
Other questions in this quiz
2. Who is the main proponent of Exclusive Positivism?
3. According to Raz, authority is justified if...?
- The merits of a rule are examined and found to be moral
- We are likely to comply with reasons that apply to us if we obey authority
- Laws are made by the sovereign and not judges
- Laws are prospective and not retrospective
4. According to Hart, what should judges consider as 'reason in itself to obey laws'?
- They are standards of conduct
- The fact that Parliament enacted the provision
- The fact that a law is moral
- They help maintain the structure of society
5. Hart disputes Dworkin's views on morality being controversial by claiming that...?
- People's ideas of what is moral differ in society
- Moral questions never have a correct answer
- Moral tests can provide public standards of conduct and some moral questions are easy
- Morality is a universal view which cannot be disputed