1. What is an example of a mitigating factor?
- Offence committed whilst on bail
- Assaulting a police officer
- Mental illness
- Previous convictions
1 of 18
Other questions in this quiz
2. What is the maximum sentence for GBH S.20?
- Community service
- 5 years imprisonment
- Life imprisonment
- 10 years imprisonment
3. Which court would be used for property damage up to £25,000
- Crown Court
- High Court
- County Court
- County Court or High Court (Claimant decides)
4. What does the term 'res ipsa loquitor' mean?
- On the balance of probabilities
- Mental element
- Things speak for themselves
- Innocent until proven guilty
5. For a triable either way offence, what stage happens after D is arrested and charged?
- Send to Crown Court for trial
- First hearing at Magistrates Court
Similar Law resources: