1. What is codification?
- Providing suggestions for changes and improvements to the Law
- Creating a single Act of Parliament from Laws made by judges over hundreds of years
- Presenting suggestions for the removal of old Law which is no longer necessary
- Bringing together Laws spread out over Acts of Parliament and consolidating it into a single document
1 of 20
Other questions in this quiz
2. The Bill of Rights 1989 deemed Parliament to be the..
- Supreme Law maker
- Right to bind future Parliament
- Highest appeal Court
3. What is a Private Bill?
- A Bill introduced by the government but doesn't affect everyone
- A Bill which only affects a certain amount of the population
- A Bill introduced by 'backbench' MP's to highlight concern
- A Bill which affects everyone
4. Who makes up the HoL?
- 650 MP's and 26 Bishops of England
- 720 Peers and 26 Bishops of England
- 720 Peers and the Prime Minister
- 650 MP's and the Prime Minister
5. What is an insider pressure group?
- They campaign for a section of society
- They don't have direct access to MP's so have to campaign
- They have direct access to MP's
- They campaign for a cause
Similar Law resources: