1. Killed 3 month old son, threw him against a wall & fractured his skull - died. Claimed real intention was to stop the baby's crying, not to kill.
- Woollin 1998
- R v Matthews & Alleyne 2003
- Nedrick 1986
1 of 15
Other questions in this quiz
2. Mens Rea is the ...
- Mental Element
- Physical Element
3. The defendant will only be found guilty if ...
- It is shown that he intended or was reckless to commit the crime.
- It is shown that he intended to commit the crime.
- It is shown that he was reckless to commit the crime.
4. Direct Intent - the jury accept that the main purpose of the defendant was to bring about the consequence, the defendant intended the consequence of his act:
5. Indirect.Oblique Intent - the consequence was not the purpose of the defendants actions