1. Who was Tiberius Gracchus, what did he do and what happened to him
- He was a popular general who proposed a law stopping the rich having too much land. He was paid lots of money and elected dictator.
- He was a popular general who proposed a law stopping the rich having too much land. He was assassinated.
- He was a roman tyrant. He was assassinated.
- was a unpopular tribune who proposed a law stopping the rich having too much land. He was assassinated.
1 of 16
Other questions in this quiz
2. Why did Rome and Carthage fight?
- Because Rome wanted Carthaginian land
- Because the Roman king had killed the old Carthaginian king
- Because Carthaginian control of Sicily means attack and defence is easy, as well as trade interception, for Carthage
- Because Carthage wanted money from Rome
3. What was the job of the Aedile? What was the minimum age and how many positions yearly?
- Law and Order, 37 yrs, 6-8 positions
- Public services such as buildings or health, 36 yrs, 4 positions
- Financial administration, 28 yrs and 20 positions
- Head of Senate + leading the army, 39 yrs, 2 positions
4. Where is Carthage?
- Modern day France
- Modern day Tunisia
- Modern day Greece
- Modern day Turkey
5. What was the prophecy made about his descendants?
- That his descendants will be wealthy
- That his descendants will establish a great empire
- That his descendants will be great generals
- That his descendants will die