1. Where is Carthage?
- Modern day Tunisia
- Modern day Turkey
- Modern day Greece
- Modern day France
1 of 16
Other questions in this quiz
2. What were the effects of the treaty at the end of the first Punic War?
- Carthage asked for money, but Rome found it easy to pay.
- Rome had asked Carthage for slaves, money and silvermines. This meant Carthage had to declare war while they still had enough strength in their economy to fight.
- Rome simply asked for money, and Carthage found it easy to pay. Peace.
- Carthage had asked Rome for slaves, money and silvermines. This meant Rome had to declare war while they still had enough strength in their economy to fight.
3. Why did Rome and Carthage fight?
- Because Rome wanted Carthaginian land
- Because the Roman king had killed the old Carthaginian king
- Because Carthaginian control of Sicily means attack and defence is easy, as well as trade interception, for Carthage
- Because Carthage wanted money from Rome
4. What was the job of the Consul? What was the minimum age and how many positions yearly?
- Financial administration, 28 yrs and 20 positions
- Head of Senate + leading the army, 39 yrs, 2 positions
- Public services such as buildings or health, 36 yrs, 4 positions
- Law and Order, 37 yrs, 6-8 positions
5. When did the Punic Wars take place?
- 1287 and 1324 AD
- 1637 and 1745 AD
- 264 and 218 BC
- 0349 and 435 BC