1. When did the Punic Wars take place?
- 1287 and 1324 AD
- 264 and 218 BC
- 0349 and 435 BC
- 1637 and 1745 AD
1 of 16
Other questions in this quiz
2. What were the long-term effects of the Punic Wars on Rome?
- Rome collapsed
- Rome got insanely rich
- Rome got a lot more trade- the rich with things to trade got even richer
- Rome stayed the same
3. What was the job of the Aedile? What was the minimum age and how many positions yearly?
- Law and Order, 37 yrs, 6-8 positions
- Head of Senate + leading the army, 39 yrs, 2 positions
- Public services such as buildings or health, 36 yrs, 4 positions
- Financial administration, 28 yrs and 20 positions
4. Why did Rome and Carthage fight?
- Because Rome wanted Carthaginian land
- Because Carthaginian control of Sicily means attack and defence is easy, as well as trade interception, for Carthage
- Because Carthage wanted money from Rome
- Because the Roman king had killed the old Carthaginian king
5. What was the prophecy made about his descendants?
- That his descendants will be wealthy
- That his descendants will establish a great empire
- That his descendants will be great generals
- That his descendants will die