1. When did the Punic Wars take place?
- 264 and 218 BC
- 1287 and 1324 AD
- 1637 and 1745 AD
- 0349 and 435 BC
1 of 16
Other questions in this quiz
2. Who were Romulus and Remus and why were they important?
- The sons of the queen of the Latins- demi gods descended from Jupiter, who build Rome but fight, leaving just Romulus alive.
- Two important Roman generals responsible for many Roman wars
- The sons of an architect responsible for much of the building of Rome
- Two enemies who fight against each other for Rome
3. What was the job of the Praetor? What was the minimum age and how many positions yearly?
- Law and Order, 37 yrs, 6-8 positions
- Financial administration, 28 yrs and 20 positions
- Public services such as buildings or health, 36 yrs, 4 positions
- Head of Senate + leading the army, 39 yrs, 2 positions
4. Why did Rome and Carthage fight?
- Because Carthage wanted money from Rome
- Because Rome wanted Carthaginian land
- Because Carthaginian control of Sicily means attack and defence is easy, as well as trade interception, for Carthage
- Because the Roman king had killed the old Carthaginian king
5. Who was Tiberius Gracchus, what did he do and what happened to him
- was a unpopular tribune who proposed a law stopping the rich having too much land. He was assassinated.
- He was a popular general who proposed a law stopping the rich having too much land. He was assassinated.
- He was a popular general who proposed a law stopping the rich having too much land. He was paid lots of money and elected dictator.
- He was a roman tyrant. He was assassinated.