1. Which of the following refers to the unconscious storage of information in long-term memory?
- Accidental learning
- Incidental learning
- Unconscious learning
- Subtle learning
1 of 15
Other questions in this quiz
2. Which of these is not a factor which affects the primacy but not the recency effect?
- Age of participants
- Presence of asymptotes
- Rate of presentation
- Familiarity of the words
3. Which of these is not a valid criticism of the multi-store model of memory?
- Ruchkin et al found that we semantic information from the long term memory is used in tasks which we would expect to only require the acoustic information in the short term memory
- Flashbulb memories show that information can be imprinted directly into the long-term memory
- Amnesiacs with Korsakoffs Syndrome show functional short term memory but impaired long term memory
- Things are often remembered better when processed semantically rather than simple repetition
4. Who suggested the working memory model of memory?
- Loftus and Palmer
- Thelma and Louise
- Baddeley and Hitch
- Atkinson and Shiffrin
5. How is the majority of information usually encoded in the long-term memory?
- Through smells and tastes