1. Tulving (1972) suggested semantic memory, and which other type of long term memory?
- Episodic memory
- Acoustic memory
- Declarative memory
- Procedural memory
1 of 15
Other questions in this quiz
2. Which of these is not a valid criticism of the multi-store model of memory?
- Amnesiacs with Korsakoffs Syndrome show functional short term memory but impaired long term memory
- Ruchkin et al found that we semantic information from the long term memory is used in tasks which we would expect to only require the acoustic information in the short term memory
- Flashbulb memories show that information can be imprinted directly into the long-term memory
- Things are often remembered better when processed semantically rather than simple repetition
3. How is information from the short term memory transferred to the long term memory, according to the multi-store model of memory?
4. If procedural knowledge is "knowing how", what is "knowing what"?
- Semantic knowledge
- Declarative knowledge
- Procedural knowledge
- Episodic knowledge
5. How is the majority of information usually encoded in the long-term memory?
- Through smells and tastes