1. Which of these is not a valid criticism of the multi-store model of memory?
- Amnesiacs with Korsakoffs Syndrome show functional short term memory but impaired long term memory
- Ruchkin et al found that we semantic information from the long term memory is used in tasks which we would expect to only require the acoustic information in the short term memory
- Flashbulb memories show that information can be imprinted directly into the long-term memory
- Things are often remembered better when processed semantically rather than simple repetition
1 of 15
Other questions in this quiz
2. Tulving (1972) suggested semantic memory, and which other type of long term memory?
- Episodic memory
- Declarative memory
- Procedural memory
- Acoustic memory
3. What do Alzheimer's patients appear to have low levels of, causing weakened long-term memory?
4. What was HM unable to form?
- Long-term memory
- Short-term memory
- Sensory memory
5. Who suggested the working memory model of memory?
- Loftus and Palmer
- Thelma and Louise
- Baddeley and Hitch
- Atkinson and Shiffrin
Similar Psychology resources: