1. What does Tannen's Difference Theory involve?
- The idea that men and women look different
- Men and women are interested in different things
- The idea that men are more competitive whereas women speak to maintain social relationships
- The difference between a mug and a cup
1 of 10
Other questions in this quiz
2. What is anaphora?
- Sentences missing out the verbs
- The repetition of words or phrases at the beginning of a sentence
- Repetition of the same vowel sound
3. What is phatic talk?
- A series of questions
- Discussion purely for social gain
- One person talking to themselves
- Talk that relies on context for understanding
4. What is deixes?
- Talk that relies on the social context for understanding
- Discussion that relies on context for understanding
- A word that describes a noun
- minor sentence
5. What speaking stage is this child in: 'me some?'