1. Katherine Nelson categorised a child's 50 first words. Which tpes of words did she say take up 60% of a child's first words?
- Concrete nouns
- Function words
1 of 10
Other questions in this quiz
2. What is phatic talk?
- A series of questions
- Talk that relies on context for understanding
- Discussion purely for social gain
- One person talking to themselves
3. What does Tannen's Difference Theory involve?
- Men and women are interested in different things
- The difference between a mug and a cup
- The idea that men are more competitive whereas women speak to maintain social relationships
- The idea that men and women look different
4. What sentence function is this: 'Do not eat that custard cream.'
- Complex sentence
5. What are adjecitves?
- Words that describe nouns
- The subject in a sentence
- Words that describe how an action is being performed