1. What are adjecitves?
- Words that describe how an action is being performed
- Words that describe nouns
- The subject in a sentence
1 of 10
Other questions in this quiz
2. What is phatic talk?
- A series of questions
- Talk that relies on context for understanding
- Discussion purely for social gain
- One person talking to themselves
3. What sentence function is this: 'Do not eat that custard cream.'
- Complex sentence
4. Katherine Nelson categorised a child's 50 first words. Which tpes of words did she say take up 60% of a child's first words?
- Concrete nouns
- Function words
5. What verb provides tense or possibility?