1. Katherine Nelson categorised a child's 50 first words. Which tpes of words did she say take up 60% of a child's first words?
- Concrete nouns
- Function words
1 of 10
Other questions in this quiz
2. What sentence function is this: 'Do not eat that custard cream.'
- Complex sentence
3. What is anaphora?
- The repetition of words or phrases at the beginning of a sentence
- Repetition of the same vowel sound
- Sentences missing out the verbs
4. What speaking stage is this child in: 'me some?'
5. What is deixes?
- Talk that relies on the social context for understanding
- minor sentence
- Discussion that relies on context for understanding
- A word that describes a noun