1. What are adjecitves?
- Words that describe nouns
- The subject in a sentence
- Words that describe how an action is being performed
1 of 10
Other questions in this quiz
2. What does Tannen's Difference Theory involve?
- The idea that men and women look different
- The idea that men are more competitive whereas women speak to maintain social relationships
- The difference between a mug and a cup
- Men and women are interested in different things
3. What is anaphora?
- Repetition of the same vowel sound
- The repetition of words or phrases at the beginning of a sentence
- Sentences missing out the verbs
4. What is phatic talk?
- Discussion purely for social gain
- Talk that relies on context for understanding
- One person talking to themselves
- A series of questions
5. What verb provides tense or possibility?