1. What are adjecitves?
- Words that describe nouns
- The subject in a sentence
- Words that describe how an action is being performed
1 of 10
Other questions in this quiz
2. Katherine Nelson categorised a child's 50 first words. Which tpes of words did she say take up 60% of a child's first words?
- Concrete nouns
- Function words
3. What is phatic talk?
- Discussion purely for social gain
- Talk that relies on context for understanding
- One person talking to themselves
- A series of questions
4. What is deixes?
- Talk that relies on the social context for understanding
- minor sentence
- Discussion that relies on context for understanding
- A word that describes a noun
5. What sentence function is this: 'Do not eat that custard cream.'
- Complex sentence