1. What is conversion?
- changing of word class
- changing your language to match another
1 of 19
Other questions in this quiz
2. What did Fairclough's theory of informalisation say?
- People shouldn't use formal language anymore
- A modern text is more likely to resemble conversation and have a personal register than an older text.
- People in modern day are less formal
3. When did Caxton introduce the printing press in England?
4. When was the King James Bible written?
- Over 400 years ago
- Last year
5. What is the 'Long S, seen in older texts and usually pre-standardisation?
- form of a lower case 's' written or printed to look more like an 'f'
- A capital 'S'