1. What did Fairclough's theory of informalisation say?
- People shouldn't use formal language anymore
- A modern text is more likely to resemble conversation and have a personal register than an older text.
- People in modern day are less formal
1 of 19
Other questions in this quiz
2. Which of the following is an example of doubling? (not really seen in modern texts)
- Night Night
3. What is blending?
- combining two words to create a new word
- creating a new word from part of an old one
4. What is conversion?
- changing of word class
- changing your language to match another
5. Which of the following is an example of a double negative?
- You ain't heard nothing