1. What did Fairclough's theory of informalisation say?
- A modern text is more likely to resemble conversation and have a personal register than an older text.
- People in modern day are less formal
- People shouldn't use formal language anymore
1 of 19
Other questions in this quiz
2. What is back formulation?
- agreeing to everything someone says
- removing an affix
- adding a suffix
3. What is the framework Orthography concerned with?
- Phonological sounds
4. What is the opposite of pejoration?
5. What is blending?
- combining two words to create a new word
- creating a new word from part of an old one