1. When did the long 's' stop being used?
1 of 17
Other questions in this quiz
2. What was society like in the 18th century?
- equality between all classes and races
- class-based and hierarchical
- social levelling
- growing informality
3. When did Samuel Johnson release his dictionary?
4. When was Early Modern English?
- 18th century-present
- 14th-19th century
- 15th-17th century
- 5th-11th century
5. How has capitalisation changed from Early Modern English to now?
- no longer used for all nouns considered important
- no longer used after every piece of punctuation
- no change at all
- no longer used for every single word