1. How has grammar been standardised?
- spell checkers, idioms, handwriting styles
- through dictionaries
- printing, prescriptivism, grammar books
- it hasn't
1 of 17
Other questions in this quiz
2. When did William Caxton invent the printing press?
3. What is amelioration?
- describing something unpleasant in a better way
- taking on a more negative meaning
- taking on a more positive meaning
- an old word that is no longer in general use
4. An attitude to language that doesn't make value judgements is...?
5. How has capitalisation changed from Early Modern English to now?
- no longer used for every single word
- no longer used for all nouns considered important
- no change at all
- no longer used after every piece of punctuation