1. When did William Caxton invent the printing press?
1 of 17
Other questions in this quiz
2. When was Early Modern English?
- 14th-19th century
- 15th-17th century
- 18th century-present
- 5th-11th century
3. When did the long 's' stop being used?
4. When did Samuel Johnson release his dictionary?
5. What is prescriptivism?
- an attitude to language that gives spoken English the same status as written forms
- an attitude to language that sees English as improving its standard
- an attitude to language that makes judgements about what is right and wrong
- an attitude to language that is much more recent