1. When did William Caxton invent the printing press?
1 of 17
Other questions in this quiz
2. An attitude to language that doesn't make value judgements is...?
3. What effect has the media had on language?
- a register that is exactly like written language
- a more casual, colloquial and speech-like register
- no effect at all
- a more formal register
4. How has grammar been standardised?
- it hasn't
- printing, prescriptivism, grammar books
- through dictionaries
- spell checkers, idioms, handwriting styles
5. How do we adapt existing words?