1. Which of these is a correct example of a face threatening act?
- Taking notes in a lecture
- Laughing as you are being told off
- Listening to your teacher while they explain Goffman's theory
- Nodding in agreement while having a conversation with your friends
1 of 14
Other questions in this quiz
2. In what year did Brown and Levinson publish their theories of politeness?
3. What is the face in the Face Theory?
- That women have a better face then men
- The image that we present of ourselves to others
- How the way we look affects the people we are speaking to
- The way we look
4. What is a dominant ideology?
- A goal or value set by society
- A way in which everyone should live their lives
5. How many types of politeness are there?
Similar English Language resources: