1. What is Giles well-known for?
- Maxims in language
- The Prestige Analysis
- Dominant Ideology
- The Theory of Politeness
1 of 14
Other questions in this quiz
2. What is a dominant ideology?
- A goal or value set by society
- A way in which everyone should live their lives
3. How are the needs of face met?
- By ignoring the listener
- Through the audience accepting what is being said
- Through positive and negative politeness
- By being listened to
4. Who created the face theory?
- Brown and Levinson
5. According to Grice's Maxims, which of these is not a rule of conversation?
Similar English Language resources: