1. What is a dominant ideology?
- A goal or value set by society
- A way in which everyone should live their lives
1 of 14
Other questions in this quiz
2. According to Grice's Maxims, which of these is not a rule of conversation?
3. What is Giles well-known for?
- Maxims in language
- The Theory of Politeness
- The Prestige Analysis
- Dominant Ideology
4. Which of these did Fairclough say?
- "The CDA paradigm is not true"
- "Every use of language is a use of power, every discourse is a negotiation of power"
- "Every discourse is a negotiation of power but only sometimes is all language a use of power"
- "Every use of language is a use of power, but not every discourse is a negotiation of power"
5. What is the face in the Face Theory?
- The image that we present of ourselves to others
- The way we look
- How the way we look affects the people we are speaking to
- That women have a better face then men
Similar English Language resources: