1. Who created the face theory?
- Brown and Levinson
1 of 14
Other questions in this quiz
2. What is the face in the Face Theory?
- How the way we look affects the people we are speaking to
- The image that we present of ourselves to others
- The way we look
- That women have a better face then men
3. Which of these is a correct example of 'Off-Record Indirect Politeness'?
- "Ooh! I want one of those!'
- "I was wondering if..."
- "I had tried to call, but there was no answer..."
- "So, is it okay if I borrow one?"
4. Who and how is face maintained by?
- A friend who listens to what you are saying
- The audience accepting the face that is being presented
- The audience agreeing with what the person is saying
- The people around you who you speak to
5. How are the needs of face met?
- Through positive and negative politeness
- By ignoring the listener
- Through the audience accepting what is being said
- By being listened to
Similar English Language resources: