1. How many types of politeness are there?
1 of 14
Other questions in this quiz
2. Who and how is face maintained by?
- A friend who listens to what you are saying
- The people around you who you speak to
- The audience accepting the face that is being presented
- The audience agreeing with what the person is saying
3. What is a dominant ideology?
- A goal or value set by society
- A way in which everyone should live their lives
4. According to Grice's Maxims, which of these is not a rule of conversation?
5. Which of these did Fairclough say?
- "The CDA paradigm is not true"
- "Every use of language is a use of power, every discourse is a negotiation of power"
- "Every discourse is a negotiation of power but only sometimes is all language a use of power"
- "Every use of language is a use of power, but not every discourse is a negotiation of power"
Similar English Language resources: