1. How are the needs of face met?
- By being listened to
- By ignoring the listener
- Through positive and negative politeness
- Through the audience accepting what is being said
1 of 14
Other questions in this quiz
2. Who and how is face maintained by?
- The audience accepting the face that is being presented
- The audience agreeing with what the person is saying
- A friend who listens to what you are saying
- The people around you who you speak to
3. What is a dominant ideology?
- A goal or value set by society
- A way in which everyone should live their lives
4. In what year did Brown and Levinson publish their theories of politeness?
5. Which type of theory is this? "no effort to minimise threat to the speaker is presented"
- Polite Politeness
- Bald On Record
- Negative Politeness
- Positive Politeness
Similar English Language resources: