1. How are the needs of face met?
- By being listened to
- Through positive and negative politeness
- Through the audience accepting what is being said
- By ignoring the listener
1 of 14
Other questions in this quiz
2. Who and how is face maintained by?
- A friend who listens to what you are saying
- The people around you who you speak to
- The audience accepting the face that is being presented
- The audience agreeing with what the person is saying
3. How many types of politeness are there?
4. In Fairclough's theory of Critical Discourse Analysis, which of these a correct question in the CDA paradigm?
- Who is the rudest?
- Why does person A talk the most?
- Who gets to comment on what is said?
- What is the meaning of speaker B's speech?
5. What is Giles well-known for?
- The Prestige Analysis
- Maxims in language
- The Theory of Politeness
- Dominant Ideology
Similar English Language resources: