1. In what year did Brown and Levinson publish their theories of politeness?
1 of 14
Other questions in this quiz
2. What is the face in the Face Theory?
- That women have a better face then men
- The image that we present of ourselves to others
- How the way we look affects the people we are speaking to
- The way we look
3. How many types of politeness are there?
4. What is a dominant ideology?
- A goal or value set by society
- A way in which everyone should live their lives
5. Which type of theory is this? "no effort to minimise threat to the speaker is presented"
- Polite Politeness
- Positive Politeness
- Bald On Record
- Negative Politeness
Similar English Language resources: