1. What year did Petitto and Holowka complete their research?
1 of 9
Other questions in this quiz
2. What year did Mehler et al complete the research?
3. What year did Fitzpatrick complete the research?
4. What did DeCasper and Spence find?
- They found that the heart rate of an unborn baby slowed when it heard it's mother's voice
- They videoed infants and noted that most babbling came more from the right side of mouth, which is controlled by the left side of the brain. This side of the brain is responsible for speech production.
- They found that babies sucked on their dummies more when their mother read them the same story that they'd also read aloud during the last 6 months of the pregnancy
- They found that four-day-old French babies increased their sucking rate on a dummy, showing interest or recognition, when they heard French as opposed to Italian or English
5. What year did Berko and Brown complete their research?