1. What is Chomsky's 'Language Acquisition Device (LAD)' theory?
- Without linguistic interaction between the ages of 4-5 years, language development is severely limited
- Children acquire the ability to learn language through interacting with children of a similar age
- Language isn't taught and is instead a natural development
- Children need to develop certain mental abilities before they can acquire particular aspects of language
1 of 14
Other questions in this quiz
2. Which of these is not one of Halliday's seven language functions?
3. Which inflection does Brown suggest is easiest for a child to learn at 20 months?
- Possessive (-s)
- Present (-ing)
- Past (-ed)
- Plural (-s)
4. What are Rescorla's two types of overextension?
- Packaged and singular
- Heurological and telegraphical
- Categorical and analogical
- Labelled and coordinated
5. What is Bruner's 'Language Acquisition Support System (LASS)' theory?
- Caregivers support child's linguistic development in social situations
- If caregivers do not interact with their child befor they reach 5-6 years, their language acquisition will be severely limited
- Children learn language through imitating their caregivers
- Caregivers support a child language acquisition by giving them constant positive reinforcement