1. Which inflection does Brown suggest is easiest for a child to learn at 20 months?
- Past (-ed)
- Present (-ing)
- Plural (-s)
- Possessive (-s)
1 of 14
Other questions in this quiz
2. Which of these is not one of John Dore's eight language functions
3. Which of these is not one of Halliday's seven language functions?
4. What is Berko's 'Wug' test theory?
- Children are aware of the difference between spoken and written language
- Children hear the correct usage of the plural inflection -s, so often that it was second nature to apply it to a noun they had never heard before
- Parents point at something and ask a child to name it and this helps a child to develop their language
- Children start to learn the range of meanings that a word might have
5. What are Rescorla's two types of overextension?
- Packaged and singular
- Heurological and telegraphical
- Categorical and analogical
- Labelled and coordinated