1. Which of these is not one of John Dore's eight language functions
1 of 14
Other questions in this quiz
2. What is Bruner's 'Language Acquisition Support System (LASS)' theory?
- Caregivers support child's linguistic development in social situations
- If caregivers do not interact with their child befor they reach 5-6 years, their language acquisition will be severely limited
- Children learn language through imitating their caregivers
- Caregivers support a child language acquisition by giving them constant positive reinforcement
3. What does Aitchison define 'network building' as in her 'Labeling, Packaging and Network Building' theory?
- When a child makes connections between words (opposites and synonyms)
- When a child forms a strong bond with their primary caregiver
- When a child links a sound to an object
- When a child begins to understand the range of meaning that a word might have
4. Cruttenden has three stages of learning inflections theory. Which is the third stage?
- Children are able to cope with irregular inflections correctly
- Children occasionally make virtuous errors when learning inflections but are mostly consistent
5. What are Rescorla's two types of overextension?
- Packaged and singular
- Heurological and telegraphical
- Categorical and analogical
- Labelled and coordinated