1. Who was Matthew Hopkins?
- Created Puritan law
- Witchfinder General
- Thief taker general
1 of 15
Other questions in this quiz
2. Who was Henry Fielding?
- He was a prison reformer
- He set up the Bow Street Runners with his brother
- He set up the Metropolitan police
3. Who was Ruth Ellis?
- A prison reformer
- Wrongly executed woman
- A famous witch in Early Modern Britain
4. Who was William 1?
- The Norman invader of Britain
- He introduced domestic violence in parliment
- A British King who invaded Normandy
5. Who was Alfred the Great?
- A notorious thief in Anglo Saxon
- The Norman King that invaded Britain
- A King in the Anglo Saxon era
- The Roman Emperor
Similar History resources: