1. What did the tone of the Telegram lead to?
- The start of anti-communism in America
- Good relations with the Soviet Union
- The start of anti-capitalism in America
- Bad feelings between USA and USSR
1 of 5
Other questions in this quiz
2. What did the Long Telegram lead to?
- The Truman Doctrine and Marshall Aid
- Rollback and Brinkmanship
- Republican criticism of Truman's administration
3. What was later claimed by the State Department?
- The Marshall plan
- The Truman Doctrine
- That the intent behind the Telegram was not to start anti-communist attitudes
- That the State Department wasn't impacted by the Long Telegram
4. What did Kennan assume about Soviet leaders?
- They felt surrounded by capitalist enemies
- They wanted capitalist neighbours
- They wanted close relations with Asia
- They didn't want to exploit disagreements with rivals
5. What were some recommendations from the Telegram?
- Focus military strategy on USSR. Restore economic and political health to Europe. Fill power vacuum in Germany and Japan. Act as Chief Defender
- Focus on US military improvement (nuclear weapon) Restore moral in Korea. Fill power vacuum in France.
- Focus on introducing ground troops into Europe. Restoring American moral after WW2. Fill power vacuum in Greece.
- Focus on increased trade with Europe. Allow USSR all reparations they demand. Improve US economy. Act as worlds healer