1. What is a culture medium?
- A substance which speeds up a chemical reaction.
- A new fashion trend which involves mixing two completely different cultures.
- A substance containing the nutrients needed for microorganisms to grow.
- A genetic disease that affects the lungs, digestive and reproductive systems.
1 of 20
Other questions in this quiz
2. What is a mutation?
- A change in the DNA
- A change in the structure of cells
- A new type of bacteria
- A change in the structure of bones
- A new type of food group
3. Why must everything be sterilised before you start a culture?
- To kill off unwanted or harmful bacteria that will affect the results of the experiment.
- To ensure that the bacteria made will be absolutely clean and healthy.
- To make sure lots and lots of bacteria are produced rapidly.
- To provide the culture lots of nutrients and energy needed to start a bacterial colony.
4. What form of a bacterium do vaccines have in them?
5. Who was the first to discover penicillin?
- Ignaz Semmelweiss
- Alexander Flemming
- John Snow
- Joseph Chamberlin