1. Which one of these is a viral disease?
1 of 20
Other questions in this quiz
2. Why don't medicines like asprin actually cure your illness?
- Because they promote illness.
- Because they are made by people who don't like killing anything, even infections.
- Because they are pain relievers.
- Because the infections are immune to them.
3. Why is it important not to use antibiotics too frequently?
- To prevent more resistant strains of bacteria appearing.
- So the antibiotics don't run out.
- To ensure the illness is fully spread before starting to kill the bacteria off.
- To allow the white blood cells of the body to kill more often instead of letting the antibiotics do all the work.
4. "Sometimes bacteria directly damage your cells." True or False?
5. What is agar jelly?
- A type of jelly that is found in cake recipes.
- A culture medium. It contains proteins as an energy source along with various minerals and sometimes other chemicals.
- A culture medium. It contains carbohydrate as an energy source along with various minerals and sometimes other chemicals.
- A culture medium. It is a solid, with a slight jelly-like structure, that contains minerals and sometimes other chemicals.