1. Select one key reason for Germany's lack of efficiency in its use of resorces during the war.
- Goering insisted on using German-made goods which would have been cheaper if bought from abroad
- German soldiers did not use all of the resources that were given them.
- Himmler used too much of the government budget ensuring that the SS were correctly catered for.
- Htler did not care to fully equip soldiers- he was above such policies, so it never got done.
1 of 10
Other questions in this quiz
2. The German war effort on the Eastern front was significantly weakened by the unexpecte cold winters. What else, imposed by the Soviets, weakened the war effort in the East?
- The USSR soldiers were used to the cold winters and were better fed.
- The Soviets were better equipped than the German soldiers.
- Soviet Soldiers used the 'Scorched Earth' policy, leaving nothing behind for soldiers to use.
- The Soviet Soldiers were equipped wth a constant supply of updated weaponry from the US.
3. What did the Office of the Four Year Plan, various parts of the SS, the Ministry of Economics the Ministry of Armaments and the army all squabble over at one point during the war?
- The Responsibility of the German workforce
- The Resposibility of Armaments production
- How to ensure the troops were well-equipped
- Methods for furthering the Economy
4. With Speer's appointment to the Ministry, ammunition production rose by 97%, and tank production by 25%. When was he first appointed as Minister of Munitions?
5. As a result, Germany faced a severe labour shortage, and relied heavily on foreign workers, whose productivity was significantly lower than native Germans. How much so?
- 20-30% lower.
- 60-80% lower.
- 50% lower.
- 90% lower