1. In which civil courts may a jury be used?
- Royal Court
- Crown Court
- County Courts & High Courts
- Magistrates Court
1 of 7
Other questions in this quiz
2. what is the special rule regarding armed forces members?
- they may appeal to be excused
- will be excused if commanding officer certifies absence
- they cannot be chosen for jury service
- they are not excused from service
3. what other two qualifications are required for jury service?
- be on the electoral roll / lived in the UK for at least 3 years
- be on the electoral roll / lived in the UK for at least 1 year
- be on the electoral roll / lived in the UK for at least 5 years
- be on the electoral roll / lived in the UK for at least 10 years
4. give two situations that would disqualify a juror
- sick / in hospital
- Imprisoned for life / is on Bail
- on holiday / not in the country
- attending a wedding / funeral
5. What is meant by 'discretionary excusal'?
- where there is a good reason why a person cannot sit
- where the court is closed
- where a person refuses to sit on the jury
- where a person is not allowed to sit on the jury