1. When did the Supreme Court uphold a federal court decision to force the university to accept James Meredith?
- May 1961
- September 1961
- June 1962
- October 1962
1 of 16
Other questions in this quiz
2. Following the violent scenes in Birmingham in 1963 JFK...
- avoided responsibility by getting his brother, Robert Kennedy, to hold meetings with the Civil Rights leaders at the White House.
- held meetings at the White House with African American leaders to make alliances with them.
- held meetings at the White House to pretend he was too busy to respond to such events.
3. When was JFK assassinated?
- November 1963
- August 1963
- January 1964
- December 1962
4. Both the Kennedy's held meeting with the main civil rights groups, including SNCC, CORE and the NAACP. Between them they formed the ... which was intended to help black Americans to register to vote and so increased the number of black voters.
- Educating Voters Programme
- Voter Education Project
- Committee for Fairer Voting
- Fairer Voting Regulation Committee
5. How did JFK ensure Meredith could take his place at the university?
- He sent the National Guard and federal troops to the university, and had soldiers remain on Campus for the 3 years Meredith was there.
- He sent the police to protect him at the university.
- He banned discrimination of all types in education.