1. There was a large increase in the number of black voters, but...
- instances of intimidation of black people increased and houses and property were burnt.
- this was only temporary.
- this would cause riots.
1 of 16
Other questions in this quiz
2. Stories and photos of the events at Birmingham in May 1963 were published worldwide. What was JFK's response to this?
- "I felt proud"
- "I felt useless"
- "I felt ashamed"
- "I felt humiliated"
3. Following the violent scenes in Birmingham in 1963 JFK...
- avoided responsibility by getting his brother, Robert Kennedy, to hold meetings with the Civil Rights leaders at the White House.
- held meetings at the White House with African American leaders to make alliances with them.
- held meetings at the White House to pretend he was too busy to respond to such events.
4. Why did the university prevent James Meredith from registering?
- Because he was black.
- Because he wasn't academically gifted.
- Because he didn't have enough money to pay fees.
5. Robert Kennedy (Attorney General and JFK's brother) prosecuted people...
- who refused to accept integration in schools.
- who tried to prevent black people from voting.
- that were racist.