1. There was a large increase in the number of black voters, but...
- instances of intimidation of black people increased and houses and property were burnt.
- this was only temporary.
- this would cause riots.
1 of 16
Other questions in this quiz
2. Why did the university prevent James Meredith from registering?
- Because he was black.
- Because he wasn't academically gifted.
- Because he didn't have enough money to pay fees.
3. By the time JFK was assassinated, how many measures did he have stuck in Congress?
4. When did the Supreme Court uphold a federal court decision to force the university to accept James Meredith?
- June 1962
- May 1961
- September 1961
- October 1962
5. What were the consequences of the riots at the university when James Meredith arrived?
- 5 people were killed and 50 were wounded.
- 4 people were killed and 60 were wounded.
- 2 people were killed and 70 were wounded.
- 8 people were killed and 110 were wounded.