1. Both the Kennedy's held meeting with the main civil rights groups, including SNCC, CORE and the NAACP. Between them they formed the ... which was intended to help black Americans to register to vote and so increased the number of black voters.
- Voter Education Project
- Educating Voters Programme
- Fairer Voting Regulation Committee
- Committee for Fairer Voting
1 of 16
Other questions in this quiz
2. What university did James Meredith go to?
- University of Mississippi
- University of North Carolina
- University of Alabama
- University of Texas
3. JFK won the 1960 presidential election with what percentage of all black votes?
4. Following the violent scenes in Birmingham in 1963 JFK...
- avoided responsibility by getting his brother, Robert Kennedy, to hold meetings with the Civil Rights leaders at the White House.
- held meetings at the White House with African American leaders to make alliances with them.
- held meetings at the White House to pretend he was too busy to respond to such events.
5. What were the consequences of the riots at the university when James Meredith arrived?
- 2 people were killed and 70 were wounded.
- 4 people were killed and 60 were wounded.
- 8 people were killed and 110 were wounded.
- 5 people were killed and 50 were wounded.