1. What was James' response to Puritans wanting to abolish Bishops and achieve church equality in 1604
- "I object!"
- "No Bishop no King!"
- "Charm me"
1 of 9
Other questions in this quiz
2. What year was the Book of Sports dispute?
3. Who's stretch as Archbishop of Canterbury was known as "20 years of neglect"
- Sir Walter Raleigh
- George Abbott
- Richard Bancroft
- William Laud
4. With what was James I said to have been "triumphantly successful" by J.P Kenyon
- Financing his frivolous spending
- Foreign policy with the Dutch
- The Hampton court conference Jan 1604
- Dealing with the Catholics after the Gunpowder plot
5. which of James' favourites was the Howard faction well connected to?
- Robert Carr
- Robert Cecil
- George villiers
- Viscount Haddington