1. Who were "Spaniels to the King, wolves to the people"? (-Neville)
- The Dutch
- James' royal favourites
- The nobility
- The Catholics
1 of 9
Other questions in this quiz
2. What year was the Book of Sports dispute?
3. What was James' response to Puritans wanting to abolish Bishops and achieve church equality in 1604
- "No Bishop no King!"
- "Charm me"
- "I object!"
4. which of James' favourites was the Howard faction well connected to?
- Viscount Haddington
- Robert Carr
- George villiers
- Robert Cecil
5. With what was James I said to have been "triumphantly successful" by J.P Kenyon
- Dealing with the Catholics after the Gunpowder plot
- Financing his frivolous spending
- The Hampton court conference Jan 1604
- Foreign policy with the Dutch