- Created by: Olly Kay
- Created on: 03-04-15 12:25
1. With what was James I said to have been "triumphantly successful" by J.P Kenyon
- The Hampton court conference Jan 1604
- Foreign policy with the Dutch
- Dealing with the Catholics after the Gunpowder plot
- Financing his frivolous spending
1 of 9
Other questions in this quiz
2. Who were "Spaniels to the King, wolves to the people"? (-Neville)
- James' royal favourites
- The Dutch
- The Catholics
- The nobility
3. What year was the Book of Sports dispute?
4. What was James' response to Puritans wanting to abolish Bishops and achieve church equality in 1604
- "No Bishop no King!"
- "Charm me"
- "I object!"
5. Who's stretch as Archbishop of Canterbury was known as "20 years of neglect"
- George Abbott
- William Laud
- Richard Bancroft
- Sir Walter Raleigh