1. which of James' favourites was the Howard faction well connected to?
- Robert Carr
- Robert Cecil
- George villiers
- Viscount Haddington
1 of 9
Other questions in this quiz
2. Who were "Spaniels to the King, wolves to the people"? (-Neville)
- James' royal favourites
- The Dutch
- The Catholics
- The nobility
3. What was James' response to Puritans wanting to abolish Bishops and achieve church equality in 1604
- "Charm me"
- "I object!"
- "No Bishop no King!"
4. What monetary dispute of 1606 led to James publishing the contreversial 'Book of Rates'?
- The Bates Case
- The Cockayne Project
5. With what was James I said to have been "triumphantly successful" by J.P Kenyon
- Dealing with the Catholics after the Gunpowder plot
- The Hampton court conference Jan 1604
- Foreign policy with the Dutch
- Financing his frivolous spending