1. What was James' response to Puritans wanting to abolish Bishops and achieve church equality in 1604
- "Charm me"
- "I object!"
- "No Bishop no King!"
1 of 9
Other questions in this quiz
2. Who were "Spaniels to the King, wolves to the people"? (-Neville)
- The nobility
- The Dutch
- James' royal favourites
- The Catholics
3. What were the implications of the 1618 Synod of Dort
- Growing Arminianism in England
- Parliament giving James £100,000
- Foreign policy disputes with the Dutch
- James falling out with Robert Carr
4. With what was James I said to have been "triumphantly successful" by J.P Kenyon
- Dealing with the Catholics after the Gunpowder plot
- Financing his frivolous spending
- The Hampton court conference Jan 1604
- Foreign policy with the Dutch
5. What year was the Book of Sports dispute?