- Created by: Olly Kay
- Created on: 03-04-15 12:25
1. With what was James I said to have been "triumphantly successful" by J.P Kenyon
- The Hampton court conference Jan 1604
- Financing his frivolous spending
- Foreign policy with the Dutch
- Dealing with the Catholics after the Gunpowder plot
1 of 9
Other questions in this quiz
2. Who's stretch as Archbishop of Canterbury was known as "20 years of neglect"
- Richard Bancroft
- Sir Walter Raleigh
- George Abbott
- William Laud
3. What was James' response to Puritans wanting to abolish Bishops and achieve church equality in 1604
- "Charm me"
- "No Bishop no King!"
- "I object!"
4. What year was the Book of Sports dispute?
5. What were the implications of the 1618 Synod of Dort
- Parliament giving James £100,000
- Foreign policy disputes with the Dutch
- Growing Arminianism in England
- James falling out with Robert Carr