1. which of James' favourites was the Howard faction well connected to?
- Robert Cecil
- Robert Carr
- Viscount Haddington
- George villiers
1 of 9
Other questions in this quiz
2. What were the implications of the 1618 Synod of Dort
- Growing Arminianism in England
- Foreign policy disputes with the Dutch
- James falling out with Robert Carr
- Parliament giving James £100,000
3. What was James' response to Puritans wanting to abolish Bishops and achieve church equality in 1604
- "I object!"
- "No Bishop no King!"
- "Charm me"
4. What year was the Book of Sports dispute?
5. With what was James I said to have been "triumphantly successful" by J.P Kenyon
- The Hampton court conference Jan 1604
- Foreign policy with the Dutch
- Dealing with the Catholics after the Gunpowder plot
- Financing his frivolous spending