1. What was James' response to Puritans wanting to abolish Bishops and achieve church equality in 1604
- "Charm me"
- "No Bishop no King!"
- "I object!"
1 of 9
Other questions in this quiz
2. What were the implications of the 1618 Synod of Dort
- James falling out with Robert Carr
- Parliament giving James £100,000
- Growing Arminianism in England
- Foreign policy disputes with the Dutch
3. Who's stretch as Archbishop of Canterbury was known as "20 years of neglect"
- Richard Bancroft
- George Abbott
- William Laud
- Sir Walter Raleigh
4. What monetary dispute of 1606 led to James publishing the contreversial 'Book of Rates'?
- The Bates Case
- The Cockayne Project
5. which of James' favourites was the Howard faction well connected to?
- Robert Carr
- Robert Cecil
- George villiers
- Viscount Haddington