Skip to content
Back to quiz
6. At the 1859 Armistice, Lombardy was given to France, who gave it to...
- Back to Austria
7. The name of the post-Crimean war peace settlement
- Congress of Paris
- Treaty of Plombieres
- Congress of Vienna
- Treaty of Villafranca
8. As a young man and prior to his Kingship, Louis Napoleon had taken part in which liberal Italian rebellion in 1831?
- Papal States
9. The alternative name for the Austrian empire
10. On the 14th January 1858, who led a plot to assassinate Louis Napoleon at the Opera in Paris?
- La Farina
11. The name of the Austrian General who led the Austrian army in their invasion of Piedmont following the declaration of war on 29th April 1859
12. The name of Garibaldi's specialist guerilla corps of 3000 devoted men who lived in the mountains & forests and launched small scale attacks on the Austrians
- Black Hands
- Alpine Hunters
- Red Wolves
- Forest Poachers
13. The society founded in 1856 in Piedmont, with the aim of promoting Italian Unity
14. The name of the leader of the provisional government of Tuscany who, following the removal of Duke Leopold in 1859, annexed his country and became part of Piedmont
15. The name of the leader of the provisional government of Modena & Parma who, following the removal of their Dukes in 1859, annexed his countries and became part of Piedmont
16. The name of the battle that took place on the 4th June 1859
17. Following a brief resignation in 1859, who returned to be Prime Minister of Piedmont on 21st January 1860?
18. The British Prime Minister who came to power in 1859 and was supportive of the Italian cause
- Lord Palmerston
- Lord Russell
- Lord Disraeli
- Lord Cohen
19. The name of the Parliamentary alliance between the Centre-Right and the Centre-Left in late 1851/early 1852
- Il Statuto
20. The name of the Prussian economic policy that gave Prussia the upper hand over Austria in European Trade and Economics over Autria