1. When does a molecule absorb IR radiation?
- When the frequency of a vibration is equal to the frequency of the IR radiation directed on the molecule
- When the bond is in the right position to absorb the radiation
1 of 5
Other questions in this quiz
2. What type of transition can IR radiation excite?
- Vibrational and Rotational
3. Name a use of IR spectroscopy
- Identify functional groups
- Analyse molecular weight
4. Can IR radiation excite electronic transitions?
5. Bond vibration energy is quantised. This means...
- The bond vibrations are set values
- The frequency and energy of a bond vibration is limited to a discreet value
- The electrons move orbitals