1. How can gamma rays be stopped?
- nothing can stop them
- Thick lead
1 of 12
Other questions in this quiz
2. which of these are the most penetrating?
- Gamma ray
- Alpha particles
- beta particles
3. What does it mean by saying an element is radioactive?
- It's nuclei are unstable, so may decay by emitting radiation.
- None of the above
- It blows things up
- It needs a better phone
4. An alpha particle-
- has no charge
- can travels a few metres through air
- has two protons and two neutrons so has a positive charge
- is an electron
5. Gamma rays-
- are waves and have no charge
- aren't on the electromagnetic spectrum
- are particles
- give you severe anger management issues