1. Between what mechanical strains will secondary bone healing occur?
1 of 20
Other questions in this quiz
2. True or false: compression and tension forces are seen on opposite sides of certain breaks, for example a knee kicked in from one side?
3. What is an oblique fracture?
- A fracture in which the two ends are driven into each other
- A fracture in which the break has a curved or sloped pattern
- A fracture at a right angle to the bone's axis
- A fracture in which the bone fragments into several pieces
4. What is biomechanics?
- The mechanisms by which forces damage biological systems
- The mechanisms by which drugs act on biological systems
- The effects of internal and external forces on living biological systems
- The effects of damage-causing forces to biological systems
5. What is a displaced fracture?
- The bone snaps into two or more parts and moves so that the two ends are not lined up
- The bone breaks and is in communication with the environment through the skin
- The bone cracks either part or all of the way through, but does move and maintains its proper alignment
- The bone breaks but there is no puncture or open wound in the skin