1. Which of the following is the most accurate definition for mosaic (in relation to genetics)?
- Having two of the same alleles at a locus
- Having only one copy of a gene or DNA sequence in a diploid cell
- Having two or more genetically different cell lines derived from a single zygote
- Having two different alleles at a locus
1 of 20
Other questions in this quiz
2. Which of the following is an example of an autosomal recessive disease?
- Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy
- Von Hippel-Lindau Disease
- Myotonic Dystrophy
3. In most cases, an individual born with an autosomal recessive disease has parents who are both asymptomatic obligate carriers. If this is the case, what is the risk of a subsequent child having the same condition?
4. True or false: Y-linked conditions will affect all sons from an affected father?
5. Which of the following is key to making an accurate diagnosis of a genetic disease?
- Detailed family history
- A lunch full of high quality protein
- Successful patella tendon reflex