1. Approximately how many recessive genetic diseases does the average person carry an allele for?
1 of 20
Other questions in this quiz
2. True or false: male to male transmission never occurs in X-linked recessive conditions?
3. Which of the following is key to making an accurate diagnosis of a genetic disease?
- Detailed family history
- A lunch full of high quality protein
- Successful patella tendon reflex
4. Which of the following set of symptoms are a typical manifestation of Marfans Syndrome?
- Osteogenesis Imperfecta, multiple fractures & deformed bones
- Continous eyebrows, short nose & small hands
- Aortic dilatation, lens dislocation & long slender limbs
- Joint strength, limited range of movement & bent-over posture
5. If a child is affected by a genetic disease, but both the parents are not, what is the most likely mode of inheritance?
- Autosomal Recessive
- Autosomal Dominant