1. Two parents are heterozygous carriers of an autosomal recessive disease. What is the probability that their first child will have that condition?
1 of 20
Other questions in this quiz
2. Which of the following is the most accurate definition for homozygous?
- Having two of the same alleles at a locus
- Having only one copy of a gene or DNA sequence in a diploid cell
- Having two different alleles at a locus
- Having two or more genetically different cell lines derived from a single zygote
3. Which of the following is key to making an accurate diagnosis of a genetic disease?
- Detailed family history
- A lunch full of high quality protein
- Successful patella tendon reflex
4. True or false: male to male transmission never occurs in X-linked recessive conditions?
5. True or false: X-linked dominant characteristics are most common in women?