1. Which of the following is the most accurate definition for hemizygous?
- Having two or more genetically different cell lines derived from a single zygote
- Having two different alleles at a locus
- Having only one copy of a gene or DNA sequence in a diploid cell
- Having two of the same alleles at a locus
1 of 20
Other questions in this quiz
2. Which of the following is an example of an autosomal recessive disease?
- Myotonic Dystrophy
- Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy
- Von Hippel-Lindau Disease
3. True or false: X-linked dominant characteristics are most common in women?
4. In most cases, an individual born with an autosomal recessive disease has parents who are both asymptomatic obligate carriers. If this is the case, what is the risk of a subsequent child having the same condition?
5. Which of the following is the most accurate definition for a locus (in relation to genetics)?
- The location of the Trisomy 21 mutation
- The unique chromosomal location defining the position of a gene or DNA
- The point at which the branch of a Y chromosome attaches to the branch of another Y chromosome
- The place at which DNA Polymerase attaches to the start codon