1. Which of the following is the most accurate definition for hemizygous?
- Having only one copy of a gene or DNA sequence in a diploid cell
- Having two different alleles at a locus
- Having two of the same alleles at a locus
- Having two or more genetically different cell lines derived from a single zygote
1 of 20
Other questions in this quiz
2. Which of the following is an example of an autosomal recessive disease?
- Usher Syndrome
- Haemophilia A
- Malignant Hyperpyrexia
- Chronic Granulomatous Disease
3. True or false: Y-linked conditions will affect all sons from an affected father?
4. What is an autosomal gene?
- A gene with two copies, one on each chromosome
- A recessive gene
- A gene found on only the X chromosome
- A gene found only on the Y chromosome
5. Which of the following is the most accurate definition for a locus (in relation to genetics)?
- The point at which the branch of a Y chromosome attaches to the branch of another Y chromosome
- The unique chromosomal location defining the position of a gene or DNA
- The place at which DNA Polymerase attaches to the start codon
- The location of the Trisomy 21 mutation