1. Who said the earth was spherical in when?
- Aristotle in 200 AD
- Magellan in 250 BC
- Eratosthenes in 250 BC
- Plato in 1000 BC
1 of 20
Other questions in this quiz
2. What is the correct description for Britain's co-ordinates?
- Postcodes, non coordinate system, uses a systems of letters and figures in a hierarchy of region and location
- British National Grid, Cartesian coordinates, 100km by 100km identified by system of letters and gives letters of squars related to distances of north and east
- British National Grid, Mercator, 1000km by 1000km and identified by a system of letters that represent north and south
- Postcode, Cartesian coordinates, 50km by 50km and identified by a system of numbers and letters
3. Whose separate voyages which initially rejected the idea of flat earth?
- Newtons discovery that the earth is oblate due to the gravity and spin of earth
- France's expedition to measure the North South curve of Earth at the equator to prove it was prolate
- Columbus' voyage to the west indies in 1400's and Magellan circumnavigating the earth in 1500's
- English expedition to Lapland which confirmed it was an oblate sphere
4. Which statement is incorrect about the AA route planner?
- Time estimates
- Quantifies map distances
- Textual directions
- Indicate speed limits
- Avoids certain types of roads
5. Which is not an issue of conceptualization?
- End user