1. Which of the following statements is INCORRECT?
- Gas solubility increases with increasing temperature
- Oxygen, methane, nitrous oxide and dimethyl sulphide (DMS) are all gases produced by planktonic organisms in surface waters.
- Gas solubility decreases with increasing salinity.
- The transfer of gases can take place over the air-sea interface
1 of 12
Other questions in this quiz
2. 38 Which is NOT a likely to be contributory cause of the supersaturation of oxygen observed in surface waters?
- Breaking waves
- Air injection
3. What is biological aggregation?
- The formation of large particles from smaller particles by activities such as zooplankton grazing
- The formation of lots of small particles in a small space due to turbulence
- The disturbance of organisms by particulate matter
- The attraction of organisms to a single location in the upper sunlit layers of the ocean
4. Which dissolved constituent will reach its maximum concentration at the deepest depth
5. Which IS NOT a common mechanism for removal of the dissolved minor and trace elements from seawater?
- Biological activity