1. How long was the wire fence that became the Berlin Wall?
- 30 miles
- 50 miles
- 20 miles
- 40 miles
1 of 10
Other questions in this quiz
2. Who led the GDR (East Germany)?
- Lech Walesa
- Walter Ulbricht
- Willy Brandt
- Konrad Adenauer
3. Why did Khrushchev reject the 'Open Skies' proposal?
- He had no representatives to be in the planes
- He was angry that the USA had been spying
- USSR had no plane to compare to USA's U-2
- He was worried about what they might find
4. Which of these was a feature of Khrushchev's peaceful coexistence?
- Open skies proposal
- Reparations from Germany
- A firm grip to be maintained on Eastern bloc states
- Reduction in nuclear arms
5. What was the outcome of the Austrian state Treaty 1955?
- Austria became part of the USSR
- Withdrawal of all occupying powers
- Austria to be split similarly to Germany
- Austria joined NATO