1. What was the outcome of the Austrian state Treaty 1955?
- Withdrawal of all occupying powers
- Austria to be split similarly to Germany
- Austria became part of the USSR
- Austria joined NATO
1 of 10
Other questions in this quiz
2. What are the policies of 'rollback' and 'massive retaliation' known as?
- Truman Doctrine
- The New Look
- Peaceful Coexistence
- Austrian state Treaty
3. Who led the GDR (East Germany)?
- Lech Walesa
- Walter Ulbricht
- Willy Brandt
- Konrad Adenauer
4. Why did the USA not like the launch of Sputnik in 1957?
- They thought it meant the USSR had superiority in long-range missiles
- USA wanted to do it first
- USA said USSR had no right to launch it
- Eastern European states had to pay for it
5. Why did Khrushchev reject the 'Open Skies' proposal?
- He was worried about what they might find
- He had no representatives to be in the planes
- USSR had no plane to compare to USA's U-2
- He was angry that the USA had been spying