1. Why did Khrushchev reject the 'Open Skies' proposal?
- USSR had no plane to compare to USA's U-2
- He had no representatives to be in the planes
- He was angry that the USA had been spying
- He was worried about what they might find
1 of 10
Other questions in this quiz
2. Why did the USA not like the launch of Sputnik in 1957?
- Eastern European states had to pay for it
- USA wanted to do it first
- They thought it meant the USSR had superiority in long-range missiles
- USA said USSR had no right to launch it
3. What are the policies of 'rollback' and 'massive retaliation' known as?
- Truman Doctrine
- Austrian state Treaty
- The New Look
- Peaceful Coexistence
4. How long was the wire fence that became the Berlin Wall?
- 30 miles
- 50 miles
- 20 miles
- 40 miles
5. Which of these is a quote by Dulles?
- "The United States will continue to uphold the rule of the law"
- "Ich bin ein Berliner"
- advocated "the liberation of these captive peoples"
- "A smouldering fuse that had been connected to a powder keg"