1. What was the outcome of the Austrian state Treaty 1955?
- Austria became part of the USSR
- Austria joined NATO
- Withdrawal of all occupying powers
- Austria to be split similarly to Germany
1 of 10
Other questions in this quiz
2. How long was the wire fence that became the Berlin Wall?
- 30 miles
- 20 miles
- 40 miles
- 50 miles
3. Why did the USA not like the launch of Sputnik in 1957?
- Eastern European states had to pay for it
- USA wanted to do it first
- They thought it meant the USSR had superiority in long-range missiles
- USA said USSR had no right to launch it
4. Who said "In our day there are only two ways, peaceful coexistence or the most destructive war in our history"?
- Harry Truman
- Nikita Khrushchev
- Josef Stalin
- Dwight Eisenhower
5. Which of these is a quote by Dulles?
- advocated "the liberation of these captive peoples"
- "Ich bin ein Berliner"
- "A smouldering fuse that had been connected to a powder keg"
- "The United States will continue to uphold the rule of the law"