1. Which of these was a feature of Khrushchev's peaceful coexistence?
- Open skies proposal
- A firm grip to be maintained on Eastern bloc states
- Reduction in nuclear arms
- Reparations from Germany
1 of 10
Other questions in this quiz
2. What was the outcome of the Austrian state Treaty 1955?
- Austria became part of the USSR
- Austria joined NATO
- Withdrawal of all occupying powers
- Austria to be split similarly to Germany
3. Who led the GDR (East Germany)?
- Walter Ulbricht
- Konrad Adenauer
- Willy Brandt
- Lech Walesa
4. What was the outcome of the Geneva summit 1955?
- Reduction in arms
- Open skies implemented
- No real outcome
- Freedom for Germany
5. Which of these is a quote by Dulles?
- advocated "the liberation of these captive peoples"
- "Ich bin ein Berliner"
- "A smouldering fuse that had been connected to a powder keg"
- "The United States will continue to uphold the rule of the law"