1. What was the outcome of the Geneva summit 1955?
- Reduction in arms
- No real outcome
- Freedom for Germany
- Open skies implemented
1 of 10
Other questions in this quiz
2. Why did Khrushchev reject the 'Open Skies' proposal?
- USSR had no plane to compare to USA's U-2
- He had no representatives to be in the planes
- He was angry that the USA had been spying
- He was worried about what they might find
3. Why did the USA not like the launch of Sputnik in 1957?
- USA said USSR had no right to launch it
- Eastern European states had to pay for it
- They thought it meant the USSR had superiority in long-range missiles
- USA wanted to do it first
4. Which of these was a feature of Khrushchev's peaceful coexistence?
- Open skies proposal
- A firm grip to be maintained on Eastern bloc states
- Reduction in nuclear arms
- Reparations from Germany
5. Which of these is a quote by Dulles?
- advocated "the liberation of these captive peoples"
- "A smouldering fuse that had been connected to a powder keg"
- "The United States will continue to uphold the rule of the law"
- "Ich bin ein Berliner"