1. Why did Khrushchev reject the 'Open Skies' proposal?
- He was worried about what they might find
- He had no representatives to be in the planes
- USSR had no plane to compare to USA's U-2
- He was angry that the USA had been spying
1 of 10
Other questions in this quiz
2. What was the outcome of the Geneva summit 1955?
- Freedom for Germany
- Reduction in arms
- No real outcome
- Open skies implemented
3. Who said "In our day there are only two ways, peaceful coexistence or the most destructive war in our history"?
- Harry Truman
- Nikita Khrushchev
- Josef Stalin
- Dwight Eisenhower
4. How long was the wire fence that became the Berlin Wall?
- 30 miles
- 50 miles
- 20 miles
- 40 miles
5. Which of these was a feature of Khrushchev's peaceful coexistence?
- A firm grip to be maintained on Eastern bloc states
- Open skies proposal
- Reparations from Germany
- Reduction in nuclear arms