1. What study demonstrates trace decay happening?
- West & West
- Brown & Brown
- Peterson & Peterson.
- Sandra & Sandra
1 of 13
Other questions in this quiz
2. What does the trace decay theory state?
- Forgetting is not always a bad thing
- Forgetting occurs as a result of the automatic decay or fading of the memory trace
- Forgetting occurs as a results of the short term memory failing
- Forgetting is the result of having too much information in the brain
3. What did McGeoch & McDonald's study into interference find?
- A group that were given synonyms performed worst and suggests that when memories are more similar there is more interference
- A group given synonyms performed the best
- Interference didn't affect the participants
- The participants didn't have any issues with memorising word lists
4. What is a weakness of the studies that look at interference?
- They don't give the correct results
- They don't give valid results
- They are manipulated to bring about the desired response
- They don't use big samples
5. What is proactive interference?
- A memory is forgotten instantly
- A memory goes straight into the Long term memory
- When an older memory interferes with a newer memory
- When a newer memory interferes with an older memory