1. What study demonstrates trace decay happening?
- West & West
- Peterson & Peterson.
- Sandra & Sandra
- Brown & Brown
1 of 13
Other questions in this quiz
2. What is a weakness with using lab studies to look at interference?
- Not many people take part in lab studies
- They mostly look at word lists which are easier to remember than things in everyday life (not visible outside lab setting)
- Lab studies don't give valid results
- Labs are difficult to get hold of
3. What happens after 30 seconds if information is not rehearsed in the short term memory?
- It decays and is forgotten
- It stays in the STM
- It goes back to the sensory memory
- It fades away
4. What study did Baddeley and Hitch (1977) do and what did they discover?
- Looked at rugby player's ability to recall information. They discovered that the results were dependent on what happened between the time frames of the games they had played (interference can be seen in everyday situations)
- Looked at football player's ability to recall information and found that interference didn't make a difference to how the players remebered things
- Looked at secondary school students ability to recall information and found girls remember more than boys
- Looked at elderly people's ability to recall information and found elderly men forget more than elderly women
5. What is a weakness of the studies that look at interference?
- They don't use big samples
- They don't give the correct results
- They are manipulated to bring about the desired response
- They don't give valid results