1. What is the correct difference between the dentition of a carnivore and a herbivore?
- Herbivores have a diastema, whereas carnivores do not
- Carnivores have a horny pad for gripping onto prey, herbivores do not
- Herbivores have specially developed carnassials for grinding down plant material, carnivores do not
- A carnivore's canines are indistinguishable from its other teeth, herbivores have distinguished canines
1 of 9
Other questions in this quiz
2. What are the two different types of insect life cycles?
- Complete metamorphosis and developing metamorphosis
- Exopterygota metamorphosis and Endopterygota metamorphosis
- Incomplete metamorphosis and complete metamorphosis
- Irregular metamorphosis and regular metamorphosis
3. What difference is there between the guts of carnivores and herbivores?
- The carnivore gut is much shorter than the herbivore gut
- Herbivores have a duodenum, carnivores do not
- Carnivores have a larger caecum than herbivores
- Carnivores have a longer small intestine than herbivores
4. What are the stages in incomplete metamorphosis?
- Egg > Pupa > Nymph (or instars) > Adult (or imago)
- Egg > Adult (or imago) > Nymph (or instars)
- Egg > Nymph (or instars) > Adult (or imago)
- Egg > Adolescent > Nymph (or instars) > Adult (or imago)
5. Which regions in the human gut are involved in absorption?
- Stomach and small intestine
- Mouth, stomach and small intestine
- Oesophagus and stomach
- Stomach, small intestine and large intestine