1. Why are sex linked conditions more common in males than females?
- Most conditions occur on the X chromosome and males are XX therefore they are more likely to inherit the illness.
- Because males inherit diseases instead of females
- Most conditions occur on the X chromosome therefore only one dominant allele is inherited for them to gain the condition.
- Because the male immune system is weaker
1 of 15
Other questions in this quiz
2. What is the ratio for unlinked genes?
3. What is an oncogene?
- A change in the number of chromosomes
- One portion of a chromosome
- A gene that has the potential to cause cancer
- The gene that determines the sex of an individual
4. What is the physical expression of the combination of alleles?
- Allele description
5. What is complete dominance?
- Where a dominant allele is expressed over a recessive allele
- Where neither allele is dominant
- Where none of the offspring produced show dominant alleles
- Where a gene only has one allele