1. Which infectious disease that was once deadly never occurs anymore?
1 of 9
Other questions in this quiz
2. Who initially made puerperal fever death rates drop?
- Charles Darwin
- Karl Ernst von Baer
- Alfred Wegener
- Louis Pasteur
- Ignaz Semmelweis
- Albert Einstein
- Jean-Baptiste Lamarck
3. What do the White blood cells produce to kill pathogens?
4. How did they make the death rates drop?
- They developed a new drug to treat the patients
- They vaccinated the patients
- They told doctors entering their ward to wash their hands before getting to work
- They isolated patients from each other
5. Why should you not take antibiotics for the flu?
- They have terrible side effects
- It could cause a random mutation and an antibiotic resistant strain of bacteria
- The Flu's a virus and antibiotics can't treat viruses
- They are expensive