1. What helped kickstart the Russian economy ?
- The French loan in 1888
- The sale of Tsarist palaces
1 of 6
Other questions in this quiz
2. What was a key disadvantage to Vyshnegardsky's policies?
- He didn't tax the peasantry enough
- Lack of grain reserves meant there was a severe famine in 1891
- He didn't export enough
3. How many people died as a consequence of the 1891 famine?
- 100 from starvation
- 350,000 died from starvation
- None as aid reached them in time
4. What was the situation like for grain exports between 1887-92?
- Grain exports increased by 18% and the Russian budget was in surplus
- It was stagnant
5. What was Vyshnegradsky's motto?
- We will starve ourselves but still export grain
- Autocracy is the best