1. What was a key disadvantage to Vyshnegardsky's policies?
- Lack of grain reserves meant there was a severe famine in 1891
- He didn't export enough
- He didn't tax the peasantry enough
1 of 6
Other questions in this quiz
2. How many people died as a consequence of the 1891 famine?
- 100 from starvation
- 350,000 died from starvation
- None as aid reached them in time
3. What helped kickstart the Russian economy ?
- The French loan in 1888
- The sale of Tsarist palaces
4. What was Vyshnegradsky's motto?
- We will starve ourselves but still export grain
- Autocracy is the best
5. What was Vyshnegradsky's way of decreasing imports?
- 1891 Tariff Act setting all imported grain at 33%- protecting the Russian grain prices from abroad
- Stop importing completely
- Dump all exports out at sea