1. What is the process of making Ammonia from the raw materials Nitrogen and Hydrogen?
- The Ammonia Process
- The Haber Process
- The Contact Process
1 of 20
Other questions in this quiz
2. What temperature is needed for the second stage of the Contact Process?
3. What happens to the unreacted Ammonia from the Haber Process?
- It is separated from the unreacted Nitrogen and Hydrogen by fractional distillation
- It passes into a cooling tank (with the unreacted Nitrogen and Hydrogen) where the Ammonia is liquefied and removed into pressurised storage vessels.
- It is desposed of
- It passes into a chimney where it is released into the atmosphere
4. What is the third stage of the Contact Process
- Sulfur trioxide reacts with water to form sulfuric acid
- Sulfur trioxide reacts with ammonium to produce ammonium sulfite
- Sulfur trioxide reacts with hydrogen to form sulfuric acid
- Sulfur trioxide is condensed and stored in pressurised containers
5. What is the chemical formula for sulfuric acid?
Similar Chemistry resources: