1. What is the majority of sulfuric acid used for?
- Detergents by reacting with the -OH molecules forming a long chain molecule
- Making paints - sulfuric acid reacts with ilmenite in one of the stages of obtaining white pigment
- Fertiliser by reacting with ammonia/ammonium hydroxide to make ammonium sulfate
- Used as an acid in classrooms and laboratories for experiments
1 of 20
Other questions in this quiz
2. What temperature is needed for the second stage of the Contact Process?
3. What is the Catalyst in the process of making Ammonia?
- Vanadium Oxide
- Manganese Oxide
4. How are Hydrogen, Chlorine and Sodium Hydroxide manufactured?
- Electrolysis of brine
- Reacting salt solution with hydrochloric acid
- Evaporating brine
5. What is solution mining?
- Hot water pumped into salt deposits underground, reacts with the salt to form a solution and is pumped back up
- Mining from salt deposits underground, the mined salt is sent back to the surface where it is added to water to form a solution
Similar Chemistry resources: