1. What temperature is needed for the second stage of the Contact Process?
1 of 20
Other questions in this quiz
2. What is the third stage of the Contact Process
- Sulfur trioxide is condensed and stored in pressurised containers
- Sulfur trioxide reacts with water to form sulfuric acid
- Sulfur trioxide reacts with hydrogen to form sulfuric acid
- Sulfur trioxide reacts with ammonium to produce ammonium sulfite
3. What is solution mining?
- Hot water pumped into salt deposits underground, reacts with the salt to form a solution and is pumped back up
- Mining from salt deposits underground, the mined salt is sent back to the surface where it is added to water to form a solution
4. How are Hydrogen, Chlorine and Sodium Hydroxide manufactured?
- Evaporating brine
- Electrolysis of brine
- Reacting salt solution with hydrochloric acid
5. What happens to the unreacted Nitrogen and Hydrogen from the Haber Process?
- They become chemically inert
- They are pumped back into the reactor
- They are used in the industrial processes of making acids
- They pass into a chimney where they are released into the atmosphere
Similar Chemistry resources: