1. What is the third stage of the Contact Process
- Sulfur trioxide reacts with water to form sulfuric acid
- Sulfur trioxide reacts with ammonium to produce ammonium sulfite
- Sulfur trioxide reacts with hydrogen to form sulfuric acid
- Sulfur trioxide is condensed and stored in pressurised containers
1 of 20
Other questions in this quiz
2. What is the second stage of the Contact Process?
- Sulfur dioxide reacts with more oxygen to make sulfur trioxide
- Sulfur dioxide reacts with water to form a solution
- Ethene forms the polymer poly(ethene)
- Methanol and hydrogen bromide form bromomethane
3. What happens to the unreacted Ammonia from the Haber Process?
- It is desposed of
- It passes into a cooling tank (with the unreacted Nitrogen and Hydrogen) where the Ammonia is liquefied and removed into pressurised storage vessels.
- It passes into a chimney where it is released into the atmosphere
- It is separated from the unreacted Nitrogen and Hydrogen by fractional distillation
4. What is the majority of sulfuric acid used for?
- Detergents by reacting with the -OH molecules forming a long chain molecule
- Fertiliser by reacting with ammonia/ammonium hydroxide to make ammonium sulfate
- Used as an acid in classrooms and laboratories for experiments
- Making paints - sulfuric acid reacts with ilmenite in one of the stages of obtaining white pigment
5. What is the process of making Ammonia from the raw materials Nitrogen and Hydrogen?
- The Haber Process
- The Contact Process
- The Ammonia Process
Similar Chemistry resources: