1. What was the soul known as at the time of the Buddha?
- Something that guides our actions and responses
- Something within you that determines your sense of self
- Eternal and unchanging, of which was a central belief
- Something that makes up human existence
1 of 20
Other questions in this quiz
2. What needs to be controlled to renounce the soul?
- The mind and body in order to cope with pain
3. How could you damage your ritual purity?
- By doing something morally incorrect with concerns to your religion
- By not renouncing your soul
- By coming into contact with anyone of a lower class to yours
- By coming into contact with animals
4. Why was there competition during the time of the Buddha?
- As they had different understandings of the world with a number of important ideas beginning to emerge
- They simply did not agree
- Different beliefs
5. What is the force that drives reincarnation?
- The Buddha
- The universe
Similar Religious Studies resources: