1. What is a strength of the multi-store model?
- Working memory disagrees that STM is a limited capacity
- Reductionist as it doesn't take into account how people memorize things, placing only emphasis on amount
- Regency effects and explains brain damage
- Doesn't explain the processing of information, e.g turning words into sounds needs other memory joined
1 of 20
Other questions in this quiz
2. How is information lost and stored ,respectively, in LTM?
- Displacement, Recoding
- Rehearsal, Interference/ retrieval failure
- Displacement, Rehearsal
- Rehearsal, Interference
3. What is the study that supports encoding in LTM?
- Peterson and Peterson :Consonant Trigrams
- Bahrick et al : Yearbook photos
- Baddeley: Acoustically Similar and dissimilar words
- Miller : Strings of numbers
4. What is case study is support for the multi-store model ?
- H.M severe brain damage, can't remember new things but can remember past events
- Batista boys who's hormones only start late in life
- Genie who couldn't talk even though she was old enough
- Czech twins who learnt to communicate with only themselves as a guide
5. What is the duration of STM?
- 15-30 seconds
- 2 hours
- 7 days
Similar Psychology resources: