1. Why was Mary, Queen of Scots a threat to Elizabeth I?
- All of these answers
- Elizabeth was Protestant and seen as a ******* as Catholics did not acknowledge the legitimacy of Henry's divorce of Catherine
- There were several plots to murder Elizabeth and set Mary on the throne
- Mary was a Catholic and seen by Catholics as the rightful queen
1 of 7
Other questions in this quiz
2. True or false: Catholic gentry and nobles could follow Catholic worship in private.
3. At first, foreign policy remained:
- Anti-Spanish, pro-French
- Anti-Spanish, anti-French
- Pro-Spanish, anti-French
- Pro-Spanish, pro-French
4. Elizabeth issued the 39 Articles in which year?
5. What forum did the Puritan gentry and nobility use to demand further religious reforms?
- Regional council
- Royal Chamber
- Privy Council