1. Why was Mary, Queen of Scots a threat to Elizabeth I?
- Mary was a Catholic and seen by Catholics as the rightful queen
- Elizabeth was Protestant and seen as a ******* as Catholics did not acknowledge the legitimacy of Henry's divorce of Catherine
- All of these answers
- There were several plots to murder Elizabeth and set Mary on the throne
1 of 7
Other questions in this quiz
2. Elizabeth issued the 39 Articles in which year?
3. What forum did the Puritan gentry and nobility use to demand further religious reforms?
- Royal Chamber
- Regional council
- Privy Council
4. Elizabeth reverted to a distinctly ... religious settlement.
5. Elizabeth issued the Act of Uniformity in which year?
Similar History resources: