1. Which of the following can help to protect against the Th2 phenotype?
- Having older siblings
- Staying away from mud and dirt
- Washing at least once a day with soap
- Washing hair at least once a day with shampoo
1 of 20
Other questions in this quiz
2. Which of the following descriptions is the most accurate of a Dendritic cell?
- A specialized mononuclear antigen-presenting cell
- A unspecialized mononuclear antigen-presenting cell
- A specialized dinuclear antigen-presenting cell
- A specialized mononuclear antigen-receiving cell
3. Activated Th2 cells secrete cytokines. What are the main roles of cytokines?
- To induce apoptosis in epithelial cells
- To regulate inflammation, proliferation and differentiation of inflammatory cells
- To bind to bacterial/viral toxins and destory them
- To bind to antigens and destroy them
4. From what are the key lipid mediators in inflammation derived?
- Arachidonic acid
- Citric Acid
5. Which of the following provides the best definition of allergy?
- An abnormal nervous response to a common chemical agent
- A normal nervous response to an obscure chemical agent
- An abnormal immune response to a common environmental agent
- A normal immune response to an obscure environmental agent