1. Which is NOT a drawback of vaccination
- extreme immune responses can occur
- herd immunity reduces potential pool of infection
- allergic reactions and side effects
- some are only for good of society, not the individual
1 of 10
Other questions in this quiz
2. Which is NOT a factor in the effectiveness of an antibiotic?
- the presence of calcium and potassium ions
- concentration of the antibiotic and its optimum pH
- how easily the drug can reach the bacteria and then be excreted
- susceptibility of the pathogen to the antibiotic
3. Which definition best fits DNA gyrase inhibitors?
- prevent formation of cross linking in cell wall so destroyed by lysis
- stop bacterial DNA coiling up so it no longer fits within the bacterium
- damage cell membrane so metabolites leak out and water moves in
- interrupt metabolic pathways causing death
4. Which of the following is not a class of antibiotics?
- cell wall and cell membrane agents
- DNA gyrase and protein synthesis inhibitors
- lytic enzymes
5. What is natural passive immunity?
- another persons antibodies transferred by injection
- vaccination of attenuated antigen creates immune response for antibodies
- antibodies from mother in breast milk or via placenta
- antibodies made through the immune response to pathogen