1. What is radioactive dating?
- Where a radioactive object is measured against the half life of carbon
- When an atom of helium is magnetised, making it radioactive
- Where a proton and neutron are attracted in a nucleus
- Where two radioactive sources penetrate the same material simultaneously
1 of 20
Other questions in this quiz
2. What is the effect on the mass + atomic number on gamma on the nucleus?
- Increases by 4
- No specific effect
- Decreases by 2
3. What is the purpose of radiotherapy?
- To kill cancerous cells
- For brain scans
- To investigate blockages in the body
- To help a patient regain consciousness after surgery
4. What is radioactive dating used for?
- Used by archaeologists to see how old something is
- Used by chemists to test for radioactive sources
- Used to make iron chains
- Used genetically modify crops
5. How is the penetrating power of a gamma particle reduced?
- With 3mm of aluminium
- With a thick layer of lead
- It cannot be reduced
- With paper or air
Similar Physics resources: