1. What is the purpose of radiotherapy?
- To help a patient regain consciousness after surgery
- To kill cancerous cells
- To investigate blockages in the body
- For brain scans
1 of 20
Other questions in this quiz
2. What is the effect on the mass + atomic number on gamma on the nucleus?
- Increases by 4
- No specific effect
- Decreases by 2
3. What is radioactive dating?
- When an atom of helium is magnetised, making it radioactive
- Where a radioactive object is measured against the half life of carbon
- Where two radioactive sources penetrate the same material simultaneously
- Where a proton and neutron are attracted in a nucleus
4. How is the penetrating power of an alpha particle reduced?
- With paper or air
- With 3mm of aluminium
- It cannot be reduced
- With a thick layer of lead
5. What is the effect on the mass + atomic number on alpha on the nucleus?
- No change
- Atomic number goes down by 2
- Atomic number increases by 2
Similar Physics resources: