1. What is the most common source of background radiation?
- Medical sources
- Radon gas from the ground
- Weapons testing
- Food and Drink
1 of 20
Other questions in this quiz
2. What is meant by the term 'half-life'
- The time taken for radiation emitted by a source, to decrease by a half
- When radioactive sources don't stay radioactive permanently
- When only half of an atom is radioactive
- The time taken for radiation emitted by a source to increase by a half
3. What is the order of ionisation power from lowest to highest?
- Gamma, Beta, Alpha
- Beta, Alpha, Gamma
- Alpha, Beta, Gamma
- Beta, Gamma, Alpha
4. What is radioactive dating?
- Where a radioactive object is measured against the half life of carbon
- When an atom of helium is magnetised, making it radioactive
- Where a proton and neutron are attracted in a nucleus
- Where two radioactive sources penetrate the same material simultaneously
5. How is the penetrating power of a gamma particle reduced?
- With 3mm of aluminium
- With a thick layer of lead
- It cannot be reduced
- With paper or air