1. What is the effect on the mass + atomic number on beta on the nucleus?
- Atomic number increases by 1
- Atomic number doesn't change
- Decreases by 2
1 of 20
Other questions in this quiz
2. How is the penetrating power of a gamma particle reduced?
- It cannot be reduced
- With a thick layer of lead
- With paper or air
- With 3mm of aluminium
3. What does a geiger-muller device do?
- It measures the density of lead, which is used to stop gamma penetrating
- It controls the number of radioactive particles in the air
- It beeps in the presence of radiation. The more radiation, the more frequent the beeps
- It absorbs all radioactive sources, including alpha, beta and gamma
4. What is radioactive dating?
- Where a radioactive object is measured against the half life of carbon
- Where a proton and neutron are attracted in a nucleus
- Where two radioactive sources penetrate the same material simultaneously
- When an atom of helium is magnetised, making it radioactive
5. What is the most common source of background radiation?
- Weapons testing
- Radon gas from the ground
- Food and Drink
- Medical sources
Similar Physics resources: