1. How is the penetrating power of a gamma particle reduced?
- It cannot be reduced
- With a thick layer of lead
- With paper or air
- With 3mm of aluminium
1 of 20
Other questions in this quiz
2. If radioactive waste is put into water, what will happen?
- Nothing, as it is unreactive
- It will poison ecosystems
- It will float on top of the water
- There will be an explosion
3. What is radioactive dating?
- Where a radioactive object is measured against the half life of carbon
- When an atom of helium is magnetised, making it radioactive
- Where a proton and neutron are attracted in a nucleus
- Where two radioactive sources penetrate the same material simultaneously
4. What is a tracer?
- Technology which allows doctors to trace around broken bones after x-rays
- A piece of equipment used to demonstrate electrostatic attraction
- A radioactive source which is put into a system to detect blockages
- A cancer destroying machine
5. What is radiation measured in?
Similar Physics resources: