1. What is the order of ionisation power from lowest to highest?
- Gamma, Beta, Alpha
- Beta, Gamma, Alpha
- Beta, Alpha, Gamma
- Alpha, Beta, Gamma
1 of 20
Other questions in this quiz
2. How will a radioactive source vary with time?
- It will decrease over time
- It will increase
- It will stay the same
3. What is meant by the term 'half-life'
- The time taken for radiation emitted by a source, to decrease by a half
- The time taken for radiation emitted by a source to increase by a half
- When radioactive sources don't stay radioactive permanently
- When only half of an atom is radioactive
4. What is gamma radiation?
- An electromagnetic wave
- A single proton
- A helium nucleus
- A high speed electron
5. What is the purpose of radiotherapy?
- To investigate blockages in the body
- To help a patient regain consciousness after surgery
- To kill cancerous cells
- For brain scans
Similar Physics resources: