1. A hardware device that connects multiple computers in a network. It allows networked computers to share data packets.
1 of 16
Other questions in this quiz
2. A device used to convert digital data to analogue data in order to transmit it over the telephone network.
3. Where a series of computers are networked together and they each work on solving the same problem. Each computer shares data, processing, storage and bandwidth in order to solve a single problem.
- Distributed Databases
- Distributed Computing
- Search Engine
4. If you wanted to search for information without a certain item appearing you would use the word ***. For example if you were searching for pets but not cats you may use ‘Pets *** cats’ as this would like pets without cats.
5. If you type into a search two word with **, you will be shown all documents that contain one or the other words. ** means I want documents that contain either word. I don’t care which word.
Similar ICT resources: