1. In terms of business productivity, which of the following is a drawback of using IT tools and systems in the workplace?
- Work has to be checked by a line-manager before it can be saved.
- It is quicker to hand-write documents than produce them on the computer.
- Insufficient care taken when entering data may lead to work having to be re-done.
- Businesses can’t be productive if they don’t have a network of computers.
1 of 12
Other questions in this quiz
2. Which of the following is a legal consideration when using IT?
- Data protection laws do not apply if your company employs less than 25 people.
- You can use other people’s software free of charge
- Ensure any software you use is licensed.
- Copyright law only exists if you are photocopying.
3. Which of the following tasks were carried out by the correct tool?
- The data was inserted into a chart to create a graphical representation
- The data was sorted by cutting and pasting in the required order
- A bold effect was achieved by using a heavier font type.
- Calculations were created using the calculator in Windows then pasted into the total area.
4. Which of the following represents the best reason why you chose this particular software application for the task?
- The spell checker checks totals as well as text.
- Text and graphics can be integrated for presenting to an audience.
- The application recognises the orientation required for the data.
- The application automatically adds footers to pages.
5. Which of the following statements explains why you chose the software application for the task?
- The application is ideal for typing letters
- The application automatically changes the margins.
- Data can be quickly and cost effectively processed.
- Borders are added whenever text is changed to bold.