1. In terms of business productivity, which of the following is a drawback of using IT tools and systems in the workplace?
- Businesses can’t be productive if they don’t have a network of computers
- Work has to be checked by a line-manager before it can be saved
- Insufficient care taken when entering data may lead to work having to be re-done.
- It is quicker to hand-write documents than produce them on the computer.
1 of 12
Other questions in this quiz
2. Which of the following represents the best reason why you chose this particular software application for the task?
- If you make a mistake the application shuts down
- The application is useful for creating flow charts
- The application has a range of features to manage lists and calculations
- The application was copied from a friend’s CD
3. Which of the following is a legal consideration when using IT?
- Copyright law only exists if you are photocopying.
- If a company employs 50 or more people, data protection laws don’t apply.
- Ensuring that the software you use has been legally purchased&licenced)
- You can use other people’s software free of charge.
4. What feature of the suitable software application allows the task to be completed?
- Send and receive emails and diarise appointments.
- The columns and rows allow quick and effective data inputting
- Create a mail merge document.
- Present text and graphics in a read-only format.
5. Which of the following would represent a strength in your final work?
- The completed document is spellchecked, proof-read and well presented.
- The document isn’t quite finished as there wasn’t time.
- Saving the document using numbers and all 255 characters allowed.
- Large amounts of data can be best represented by any type of chart.