- Created by: maddyshackley
- Created on: 21-04-16 09:19
1. What is glacial distribution controlled by?
- temperature, preciptation, high latitudes and altitudes
- temp. preci[itation, mositure and orbit of the earth
- temp and precipitation
- percipitation, mositure and latitude
1 of 19
Other questions in this quiz
2. When does the artic sea ice and antartica have its max extension and min?
- antarticahas its max in sept and min in march
- arctic sea ice has its max in septmeber and min in march and antartica has its max in march and min in spetember
- arctic max is in march, and min is in sept, antartica max is in sept and min in march
- artic has its max in march and min in march
3. What do geochemists and paeloclimatologists use to determine dates and rates of the land surface?
- cosmogenic technologies
- rare consmogenic nucelotides
- ultra-rare cosmogenic nucleides
4. What are ice shelves?
- extensions of glaciers tht float, beyond the grounding line, thinkened sea ice which moves quikcly and is very vulnerable
- shelves of ice which jut out from a glaicer
- extensions of glaicers which move slowly
- extensions os glaicers which float on land and ar very vulnerable
5. What are ice bergs?
- calve from ice shelves/ floating tongues, whole ice thing sticks out
- come from ice shelves/ floating tongues, ice is more dense than water os if floats
- calve from iceshleves/ floating tongues, ice is less dense than water so it floats
- ice is ess dense than water so it floats but they are found on the shore
Similar Geography resources: