1. What is a valley glacier?
- interconnected glaiers, the big ones
- iu should know
- each glaicer individual system flows as one unit, has a shape which flows as one unit and has a shape which flows onto the valley floor or coastal place, or marine terminating
- bigger that 0.01 km suqared
1 of 19
Other questions in this quiz
2. What is hubbard glaicers, alaska exmaples off?
- piedmont glaicers
- icefield glacier
- surging glaicers
- tide water glaicers
3. What is glacial distribution controlled by?
- temp and precipitation
- temperature, preciptation, high latitudes and altitudes
- temp. preci[itation, mositure and orbit of the earth
- percipitation, mositure and latitude
4. What are ice bergs?
- ice is ess dense than water so it floats but they are found on the shore
- calve from ice shelves/ floating tongues, whole ice thing sticks out
- calve from iceshleves/ floating tongues, ice is less dense than water so it floats
- come from ice shelves/ floating tongues, ice is more dense than water os if floats
5. What glaicers are unconstrained by topography?
- ice sheeets which are greater than 50'000km2 and ice caps that are less than 50'000 km2, ice domes, ice divides, outlet glaciers, ice streams and ice shelf
- ice caps that are more than 100'000km2, outlet glaicers, ice domes, ice sheets, ice streams and ice divides
- ice caps that are greater than 50'000 kn2 and ice sheets that are greater than this, ice streams, ice shelf, ice divides, ice domes
- ice caps that more than 50'000km2 and ice sheets than are below 50'000km2, ice domes, ice sheets, ice streams and outlet glaciers
Similar Geography resources: