1. What are ice streams?
- contrained by free flowing ice, common in antartica, bed is more lubricated than the area underlying it so they travel fast
- area more lubriactated than the area below it so they travel fast
- streams of staionary ice
- constrained by topogra[hy
1 of 19
Other questions in this quiz
2. What is a mountain glacier?
- greater than 10 km2 anf found in mountains
- greater thatn 1km squared, cique niche
- has to be bigger that 0.01 km 2, examples are cirque, niche and glacienet
- greater than0.001 km2
3. What is surface albedo?
- reflectivity of a surface, and how much is then relfeced off another surface
- absorbtion of a surface
- reflectivity of a surface, how much is reflected off
- how much is absorbed by how much it is reflected off
4. What are rivers of ice?
- contrained by toopography, found in greenland, and out inlet glaicers
- outlet glaicers, constrained by topography,common in greenland
- outlet glaicers, constrained by topography, common in artartical
- outlet glaicers, constrained by topography, common in the arctic
5. What is hubbard glaicers, alaska exmaples off?
- surging glaicers
- icefield glacier
- tide water glaicers
- piedmont glaicers
Similar Geography resources: