1. What are Semetko & Valkenburg's five news frames?
- Human Interest, Responsibility, Morality, Economic Consequences, Conflict
- Intruder, Victim, Economic Consequences, Responsibility, Morality
- Human Interest, Social Cost, Responsibility, Morality, Conflict
- Intruder, Victim, Social Cost, Responsibility, Morality
1 of 20
Other questions in this quiz
2. What are the five types of speech act according to Searle (1975)?
- Directives, commands, proximals, commissives, declarations
- Directives, temporals, commissives, declarations, representatives
- Directives, expressives, commissives, declarations, representatives
- Directives, commands, commissives, declarations, temporals
3. What might a Japanese interlocutor do to save face when they are not able to meet an obligation?
- Apologise profusely
- Promise to help anyway
- Ignore the situation
- Make difference arrangements
4. What effect can news frames have?
- Causes the audience to have thoughts that mirror the frame used
- Cause the audience to 'otherise' a represented group
- All of the above
- Affect information recall
5. What holds a presupposition- the speaker or the utterance?
- The speaker
- The utterance