1. Which of these structures is involved in carrying signals from the baroreceptors?
- The arcuate nucleus
- The medial lemniscus
- The tractus solitarius
- The reticulospinal tract
1 of 7
Other questions in this quiz
2. Which of these causes vasodilation?
- Substance P
- Neuropeptide Y
- Increased local pH
3. Which of these does not cause vasoconstriction?
- Endogenous digitalis like substance
- Arginine vasopressin
- Atrial natriuretic peptide
- Decreased local temperature
4. Stage 1 essential hypertension is defined as
- BP over 180/110 when measured in clinic
- BP over 140/90 when measured in clinic
- BP over 160/100 when measured in clinic
- BP over 120/80 when measured in clinic
5. Control of blood pressure takes place where?
- The cerebellum
- The medulla
- The cerebrum
- The pons