1. What is an isomer
- The same molecular formula but different structures
- The same structure but a different molecular formula
- Different physical properties but the same molecular formula
- A type of alkane which is unsaturated
1 of 12
Other questions in this quiz
2. Why does it make this colour change?
- It is a substitution reaction as alkanes are saturated
- It indicates the presence of an alkaline substance
- It is an addition reaction as alkenes are unsaturated and react
- It indicates the presence of acidity
3. What is combustion?
- When a substance implodes in the air
- When fuels react with heat to form oxygen
- When fuels react with oxygen and burn to release useful heat energy
- An explosion which occurs when crude oil is heated
4. What is the poisonous product of incomplete combustion?
- Carbon Monoxide
5. What is an alkene?
- An isomer of alkanes
- When an alkane is combusted
- When a hydrocarbon has one or more carbon-carbon covalent bonds
- A saturated alkane