1. What is needed for the reaction of methane with bromine?
- UV Light
- The presence of oxygen and water
- Heat Energy
- Kinetic Energy
1 of 12
Other questions in this quiz
2. What is the name given to these alkanes with similar chemical properties.
- Saturated Series
- Homologous Seies
- Similarity Series
- Reactivity Series
3. What is an isomer
- The same molecular formula but different structures
- A type of alkane which is unsaturated
- The same structure but a different molecular formula
- Different physical properties but the same molecular formula
4. What is the process called when alkenes are obtained from larger chain hydrocarbons?
- Fractional Distillation
5. Why does it make this colour change?
- It indicates the presence of acidity
- It is a substitution reaction as alkanes are saturated
- It is an addition reaction as alkenes are unsaturated and react
- It indicates the presence of an alkaline substance