1. What is the name given to these alkanes with similar chemical properties.
- Similarity Series
- Saturated Series
- Homologous Seies
- Reactivity Series
1 of 12
Other questions in this quiz
2. What does an alkene do to bromine water?
- A white smoke is given off when heat is applied
- Turns red from orange
- Turns green from orange
3. Define Hydrocarbon
- Organic Compounds that contain only hydrogen and carbon
- A hydrated carbon substance
- A type of crude oil
4. What is the process called when alkenes are obtained from larger chain hydrocarbons?
- Fractional Distillation
5. Why does it make this colour change?
- It is an addition reaction as alkenes are unsaturated and react
- It indicates the presence of an alkaline substance
- It indicates the presence of acidity
- It is a substitution reaction as alkanes are saturated