1. What is combustion?
- When a substance implodes in the air
- When fuels react with heat to form oxygen
- When fuels react with oxygen and burn to release useful heat energy
- An explosion which occurs when crude oil is heated
1 of 12
Other questions in this quiz
2. Define Hydrocarbon
- Organic Compounds that contain only hydrogen and carbon
- A hydrated carbon substance
- A type of crude oil
3. What is the name given to these alkanes with similar chemical properties.
- Homologous Seies
- Saturated Series
- Reactivity Series
- Similarity Series
4. What is an alkene?
- An isomer of alkanes
- When an alkane is combusted
- When a hydrocarbon has one or more carbon-carbon covalent bonds
- A saturated alkane
5. What is needed for the reaction of methane with bromine?
- Kinetic Energy
- The presence of oxygen and water
- UV Light
- Heat Energy