1. Why does it make this colour change?
- It is a substitution reaction as alkanes are saturated
- It indicates the presence of an alkaline substance
- It is an addition reaction as alkenes are unsaturated and react
- It indicates the presence of acidity
1 of 12
Other questions in this quiz
2. What is an isomer
- The same molecular formula but different structures
- The same structure but a different molecular formula
- Different physical properties but the same molecular formula
- A type of alkane which is unsaturated
3. What does an alkene do to bromine water?
- A white smoke is given off when heat is applied
- Turns red from orange
- Turns green from orange
4. How many bonds can carbon atoms make?
5. What is an alkene?
- A saturated alkane
- An isomer of alkanes
- When a hydrocarbon has one or more carbon-carbon covalent bonds
- When an alkane is combusted