1. Work out the hydraulic radius of a river with height of 5m and bed of 8m.
- 40 ÷ 18 = 2.22m
- 18 ÷ 40 = 0.45m
1 of 8
Other questions in this quiz
2. If River A has a hydraulic radius of 3m and River B has a hydraulic radius of 2m, which has the fastest velocity?
- River A
- River B
3. In the summer, the hydraulic radius is...
- smaller than in winter
- larger than in winter
4. If the hydraulic radius is smaller, is there...
- more erosion
- less friction
- more friction
- faster velocity
5. What's the definition of the hydraulic radius?
- The proportion of perimeter of a stream channel cross-section that's in contact with the water - proportion of water in contact with the bed and the banks
- The total length of the bed and the bank sides in contact with the water in the channel
- The proportion of water in contact with the bed and the banks of a river
- The energy possessed by a river determined by the gradient